Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v Essendon

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    So Melbourne members have swapped a Geelong game they had to jump thru a dozen hoops to attend, to an Essendon game with slightly less hoops, but still not really an acceptable arrangement for a paid up member...
    How right you are.

We'll be there, up on level 3 in what is the best venue for watching footy I know, if not the best for playing. A booking fee of $14 per person, although it was all done online in one hit. I think the fundamental problem has been that the place is not owned by the AFL, but I doubt there will be much difference when they do eventually take over, given their floating of the notion that you charge more for popular matches. Who expected this extreme user-pays approach at the footy, for pete's sake?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

MRP has reported. Roughead one week sanction for bump on Ben McGlynn. Mention of contact between Luke Parker and Mitch Hallahan in 3rd quarter (I haven't heard anyone mention this before) but dismissed as unavoidable. No mention of Franklin.

I think Port will beat Hawthorn in their match with the Hawks missing players.

Looks like Chappy will miss on Friday. He always killed us when he played for the Cats.

The interesting thing willl be how you fit Mitchell and Rohan in . Both would have been considered part of our best 22 at the start of season but short of replacing Tom D with Pyke , I dont know who you would replace.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I wonder if we could take this Essendon discussion to a separate thread? It will run for a while I think.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I wonder if we could take this Essendon discussion to a separate thread? It will run for a while I think.
    Good suggestion. I have moved the posts discussing the potential impact of show cause notices to a dedicated thread in the General AFL forum.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I assumed it was a wind up.
    Spot on IF, It was a bit tongue in cheek. You need not worry BBB as I am a fan of No.39. Also I spoke with Stuart Maxfield before the Crows game and he said that Membrey was not fit enough yet for senior footy and I read that same comment on here last week or so.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Spot on IF, It was a bit tongue in cheek. You need not worry BBB as I am a fan of No.39. Also I spoke with Stuart Maxfield before the Crows game and he said that Membrey was not fit enough yet for senior footy and I read that same comment on here last week or so.
    Thought so.

If you'd mentioned swapping Bird for Membrey then I would have taken that as a serious suggestion. Anyone?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thought so.

If you'd mentioned swapping Bird for Membrey then I would have taken that as a serious suggestion. Anyone?

the impressive thing about the reserves on Friday is that they ran out the game and put a whole lot of last quarter hurt on a not-too-bad UTS/GWS outfit team. Membery seemed to be running as hard at the end as the first half, and I think would be a terrific addition to the team as a Morton-like medium HF?possibly in place of Goodes if he pulls up lame at a later point in the season. Bird is not leaving the firsts any time soon.

Thought so.

Not for Membrey but Bird is pretty much the weakest link. Watching him on Etihad and MCG hr is shockingly slow, always gets caught out trailing off his man. His lack of pace and run probably isn't exposed as much on the SCG he is not AFL standard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast