Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    What an amazing Injury List 12/5/14. Almost without precedent (touch wood).
    The kiss of death.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Chappie's gone for the week.

Whoever usually gets follicularly-challenged grand final-winning ageing ex-Geelong small forwards can breathe easy.

+1 for the Bird love from me. He is our most under-rated player. Sorry Nick, but there is only so many "most under-rated" lists that you can appear on before you count as rated.

Senior Player
    Agreed the bird is the word. Love him. Also his decsion making is good as said, but his kicking at times can be a bit high/lofty. regardless, first 18 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    i agree Cunningham has been given the same initiation as Keiran Jack and that is to shut down shut down shut down and learn what the best outside players do...........he has some amazing players to match up on and given the speedy opposition players i am patient

who else could matchup on a stephen hill ????

Lloyd couldnt catch him even though i really like the progress of Jake
    Agree again. Harry did a good job on Suckling, he did not have the impact he generally has.

A couple of facts from Friday night;
    Laidler did a great job on Gunston.

Poor old Rampe had the hardest small back job in the AFL on Luke Bruest and that is why he wasn't as attacking as normal. People kept saying he didn't do anything and the commentators kept saying he was quiet. Very bloody good reason for being quiet, it took all his energy minding the elusive Bruest.

Jetts is doing a pretty fair job as far as I am concerned, he can kick a ball across his body to me any day, boy that would have been so good to take as a player. His work-rate is sensational at the moment and his tackling and chase are very good.

The forward line will work but I am a bit worried about the 'Old Fella' as he looked gone by just after half time. I thought Goodsie should have been pulled at about the 5 min mark of the third for Lloyd as it was obvious he was spent. Have to manage him better, maybe sub this week. Other than that his first half was pretty good witrh a couple of really clever cameos.

Teddy & Reg were back to 2012 form and Teddy even better. His run out of defence is sensational. He needs to watch the delivery a bit though.

Derrickx rucked very well. He is going to have to do something about getting the ball a bit more around the ground but I thought he was so close to marking on so many occasions Friday. He almost got the mark of the day. Him and Sammy are close to putting together a really top game each. I think 'Bo' just needs some belief.

I would leave the team the same for this week. The is no need to change a thing.

I know I knocked the coaches early in the year and rightly so, some of their errors were glaring. But I would like to now congratulate them on fixing their stuff ups and persevering with an attractive brand of footy. I would also like to give them a big clap for changing the game plan to a passing, run & carry strategy that works so well with our list. The long bomb does not work and the only long kicks I am seeing now are generally to advantage. Well done Horse & Assistant coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I would leave the team the same for this week. The is no need to change a thing.
    One change I think they should make is ......

Lloyd into the 21.....He could do with the game time.

Cunningham to sub..... He's a good impact player, who can use his speed to great advantage when the opposition are tiring.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Finished the second half last night

Rampe was rubbish. Defense was great. Dat Kennedy. Derrickx needs to stick his marks. Hanners is quite clearly a complete tool, but he's our tool.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Here we go again. Shotguns aiming up at our feathered friend.

IMHO, Birdy is every bit an AFL standard player. He would be welcome at any of the 18 clubs in the league. A good old-fashioned utility player who can take on many roles as required by the coach (often ones that don't gather great stats but are critical to team success).
    Poor old Birdy gets the short shaft from a lot of fans. He obviously lacks pace, but as Swansongster said, he takes on plenty of different utility roles, and is a polished ball winner as well in contested situations. But he seems to be a favourite whipping boy of many - maybe because his role often goes unnoticed,and he has never been one to get dominant stats or dominate a game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Goodes does not need to be sub, he needs to build his match fitness by playing full games. He has a week off after Essondon if he is tired.

We need to continue to unleash this four pronged forward line at the opposition. It's the most destructive attacking force in sport since Jonah Lumu in Rugby and Pele in Soccer. It's even more destructive that Montana and Rice in the NFL. Hell, I think this 4 pronged forward line is more destructive than Don Bradman and Keith Miller.

Miller and Lindwall, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Goodes does not need to be sub, he needs to build his match fitness by playing full games. He has a week off after Essondon if he is tired.

We need to continue to unleash this four pronged forward line at the opposition. It's the most destructive attacking force in sport since Jonah Lumu in Rugby and Pele in Soccer. It's even more destructive that Montana and Rice in the NFL. Hell, I think this 4 pronged forward line is more destructive than Don Bradman and Keith Miller.
    But surely not more destructive than Bazza's left hook.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    But surely not more destructive than Bazza's left hook.
    More destructive than any combination in World Sport. More destructive than Rafa on Clay, more destructive than Tiger Woods on tour, more destructive than Phelps and Lockty in a relay, more destructive than Kelly Slater on a King Tide.

These four guys are so destructive that the Port Adelaide side will take up middle distance running facing them!