Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 8: Eastlake Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Fulltime Swans 23.18 (156) Demons 3.7 (25)

Fair final quarter effort.
    Nice understatement Ugg!

Senior Player
    May 9?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The goal kickers and best are up for Eastlake but not the Swans.

A brief report in the Canberra Times said the Demons played with one man down after Chad Gibson hurt himself in the warmup

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The goal kickers and best are up for Eastlake but not the Swans.

A brief report in the Canberra Times said the Demons played with one man down after Chad Gibson hurt himself in the warmup
    I don't get how that can happen Ugg. Surely they would have an emergency just in case. Even in district footy we have a back up just in case. It was in Canberra so they didn't have to travel. If they did start one down I blame the club for poor management and if they can't manage their team with a degree of professionalism maybe they should not be in the NEAFL.

Senior Player
    They also had their first division team there to play immediately afterwards. Surely one of those guys could have been pulled up.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    They also had their first division team there to play immediately afterwards. Surely one of those guys could have been pulled up.
    How's their first division team going? Maybe they thought they'd be better off keeping the potential replacement in their first div team as they probably knew what was coming for them in the NEAFL game anyway....

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sydney Swans 23.18 (156)
    Eastlake Demons 3.7 (25)

Goals: Membrey 4, T.Mitchell 4, Nankervis 3, Towers 3, Perris 2, Davis, Dick, Naismith, O'Keefe, Roberts-Thomson, Robinson, Walsh
    Best: T.Mitchell, Perris, Membrey, Towers, Richards, Jones

Membrey 4 again!! Give this bloke a game PLEASE. He will be a an absssoooolute gun.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Membrey 4 again!! Give this bloke a game PLEASE. He will be a an absssoooolute gun.
    In place of who?

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    In place of who?
    Brandon Jack. Pretty good dilemma to have when a young bloke kicking bags every week in the reserves can't get a spot in the side, but I think he would offer more then Brandon as a sub. I like what Brandon offers but doesn't do enough IMO as a sub. His pressure is good, and he pops up with the odd goal, but long term I think Membrey will be a much more rounded footballer, rotating through half forward/midfield ala Luke Parker's evolution.

I'm very worried were going to lose Membrey to another side if we don't start giving this bloke games. I know how star studded our forward line and midfield is, but I think Horse needs to start seriously thinking about giving him some games. We need to continue the evolution of bringing in younger talent to replace our older crop.

Membrey, Towers, Nankervis, Perris, Zak Jones, Mitchell are going to be our next tier to take over the older veterans.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Good to see Tommy Mitchell make the Best list - that would be a good sign to suggest his worrying injury may be under control.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McGlynn will come in for B Jack

Mitchell will probably come in if Hanners is rubbed out.

Pyke is the other they need to find a spot for, so doubt Membrey has a chance at this stage.

Injuries, unfortunately, will happen at some stage. So all he can do is keep performing and wait for his chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast