Thread: SCG Seating

Senior Player

SCG Seating

What is the difference between red rookie setting and red zone seating? I usually sit at ground level of the Nobel stand but would prefer to sit at the opposite end like last year but the seating says GA and red rookie. Can red zone members sit there?

Anyone can sit in GA, just gotta get there early enough. Might annoy the people with GA memberships if they can't get a seat, but really it is first in best dressed. I love the new Red Zone!

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Anyone can sit in GA, just gotta get there early enough. Might annoy the people with GA memberships if they can't get a seat, but really it is first in best dressed. I love the new Red Zone!
    Not so sure about that Damy, GA requires entry through a different gate and you can't walk around like at ANZ. Not saying you're wrong, I just thought you can only enter the ground through the correct gate.

Annew I'd enquire at member services on game day if I were you.

I dunno if I should be saying this but my Red Zone pass got me into Gate D as my friend had a Gold ticket and we just walked the whole way around and ended up back in Red Zone. We had to make it past some people checking tickets but for some reason they only looked at my pass and not my friends. So yeah there is a sneaky way around but it's not fool-proof.

Senior Player
    Don't GA people buy tickets through Ticketek and aren't they numbered? my worry is that I get a good seat in GA only to have to move if I have someone's seat

Nah no-one can reserve a seat in GA, it's unreserved (like Red Zone, but just a smaller bay). There are GA memberships too but it's almost impossible to get seats of more than 3 together unless you get there about an hour before the start of seniors. Yeah you can also but GA tickets through ticketek but not many are available.

If they were reserved seats, they wouldn't be GA (general admission, which implies non-reserved seating).

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Also the GA seats in the Trumper Stand don't actually have numbers on them in some of the bays so you couldn't buy a reserved seat there anyway