Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans Finals Flashback.

Blog Entries

Swans Finals Flashback.

Some great images of games gone by

Sydney Swans' Finals Flashback

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Some great shots there, in fact all of them.
    What a talent Capper was.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Not sure why he was trying to mark the ball with hi mouth though. (Pic 2)

I was a wee little kid at the game that the Wiz was all over Langer. Still remember it (& him kicking his 100th).
    Not long after the news paper, either "Inside Football" or "Footy Week" - whichever was glossy - had a glossy color poster of the mark. Had it up on my wall.
    Then Wazza moved to Brissy. Was up at Surfers Paradise on a family holiday and dad had dragged me into a clothing shop called Umano, owned by none-other than Christopher Skase. A hulking shop assistant with a blond mullet came up to me & looked down and - with a bit of a squeaky fast talking voice - said "g'day mate! Want my autograph?"
    I was a bit intimidated so just nodded my head. He scribbled on a Brisbane Bears flyer ... it was The Wiz!
    I told him I had his poster at home and asked if I could send it to him to sign. "sure can! Just send it here"
    Well, I was chuffed.
    As soon as I got home, my Capper on Langers poster came down. Rolled it up and popped it in a post tube; stuck on stamps, wrote a not reminding him who i was (I was certain he'd remember me!), thanking him for agreeing to sign, and telling him I'd included a self-addressed label & return postage (dad's idea I'm sure).
    Waited patiently ... then I had a thought ... did I remember the return postage stamps?
    Several months went by when a post tube arrived ... RETURN TO SENDER - NOT AT THIS ADDRESS written over the Warwick Capper address label.
    I remember my disappointment at the time as I opened it, but thinking at least I got my poster back (it was a great mark after all!).
    As the poster slid out, I found it was signed to me & there were a couple of photos of him at a swimwear catwalk promotion. He didn't want to pay postage so returning it to sender got it back to me at no cost! Not just a pretty face was Waz!
    It's now proudly framed in a mahogany frame
    Great mark, great guy!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Top story - and typical Wazza!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Love that story!

That story is gold. LMAO
    Top bloke and could play a bit

Suspended by the MRP
    Top story - and typical Wazza!
    I only take what's mine!

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport...0525867?page=3

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Despite the images being censored, I'm not sure about the appropriateness of the link. Sorry Matt80

Speaking of finals glory, anyone know if there's video of the full 2005 grand final online somewhere? Youtube has 2006 but buggered if I'm going to re watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Speaking of finals glory, anyone know if there's video of the full 2005 grand final online somewhere? Youtube has 2006 but buggered if I'm going to re watch that.
    There's a double DVD '05/'12 boxed set

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Despite the images being censored, I'm not sure about the appropriateness of the link. Sorry Matt80
    This is totally appropriate. It's a mainstream News Ltd publication. I've spoken to people who say that the post is humours and witty.

We need to make sure that on Red and White that we don't get drawn into "nanny state thinking".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast