Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Thursday night games at the SCG

Just a note: SCG blocked off a large area used by the redzone for their own members. We lowly Swans members were not allowed to use our seating even tho it was part of the 'deal'. The Beer Swill Deck was full of suits swilling beer and talking non stop while not watching the game. Didn't you hear the constant murmur around the ground? It was just another way to fill in a few hours on the way home. that will be it.

I am going to make my way up to the top deck next time, now that the roof has been filled in, and see if it has toilets now. At least the beer swillers (not drinkers, I mean the constant flow of people who will come and go no matter what is happening to the play, i.e., Adam's snap, and block it for everyone behind them - just don't care) will find their level (closest to the bar) and hopefully the Top Deck will be the Redzone domain of people who are there to actually watch the game.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Prims I think I know why that happened the other night.
    My daughter is in charge of the private suites and corporate boxes at the SCG and Alliance Stadium and she said from a corporate sense, Thursday night was the biggest single event they have had in the four years she has been there - including concerts, The Ashes etc, with EVERY private suite and box filled and fully catered.
    It meant a heap of money for the SCG Trust and The Swans so I think they will be pushing for it to become an annual thing in Sydney.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678