Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Did anybody else notice the heavy strapping on Buddy's knee to start the game?
    Thought this was going to be an issue and his movement looked hindered early, great to see him come out after half time with it discarded and getting around the ground with much more freedom!

Being from Geelong and hating them with an unbridled passion makes last night one of the most enjoyable games of football I have ever experienced, exciting times to be a Blood
    Buddy has had the strapping on his knee since he injured it against Melbourne.
    Ironically, the first game after Rosebaygate.

Looking forward to watching this on replay, but in the interim, the Guardian goal-by-goal blog is pretty funny -The Cats are flattened, flummoxed and another thing starting with 'f'.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Just reached half time coffee break.

Need to sing praises of Big Sam. The amount of in and under work he is doing is terrific. Such a big man with a dirty jumper says he has done a lot of tackling and ground work.

You just have to watch the replay. Da hands, oh da hands. And feet.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Who'd of thought it?
    I've never seen the Cats look so disinterested.
    Did they have a bout of the feline flu?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    The focus by the media will be on the awesome forward line but for mine the real story is the midfield. There is so much grunt, run and skill in there that I don't think there's an equal to it in the competition. When playing well they are unstoppable.
    Spot on Big Al.

The whole team played well, but for mine the rating goes...

1st - Midfield
    2nd -Defence
    3rd- Forwardline
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Most impressive and satisfying night at the footy. Were the Cats that bad, anyway The Swans were good, not without blemishes but able to cover for them pretty effortlessly.
    Would like more Swans capable of selling the dummy when about to have their kick smothered ala Macca, Whingaurd, etc... It's such a good skill.

Kick to kick... What a fabulous and joyous spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I thought the crowd noise was very disappointing - very quiet for most of the game where I was. Because it was such a non-contest, I think the adrenaline wasn't pumping. (Nothing like the Freo game.)
    Yep was quiet for the most part but did get louder towards the end of the third quarter. A mixture of non-contest and massive disbelief in what was happening.
    The long, drowned out SYDNEY chant was amazing last night though.. it's one of the main reasons LIVE is always better
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Just reached half time coffee break.

Need to sing praises of Big Sam. The amount of in and under work he is doing is terrific. Such a big man with a dirty jumper says he has done a lot of tackling and ground work.

You just have to watch the replay. Da hands, oh da hands. And feet.
    Very appreciative of the role Sam plays. Not getting the goals as I expected him to but his pressure acts and marking are creating those goals.
    And he's probably overtaken Goodesy as our most versatile player - Ruck, Wing, Forward, Back
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Looking forward to watching this on replay, but in the interim, the Guardian goal-by-goal blog is pretty funny -The Cats are flattened, flummoxed and another thing starting with 'f'.
    Also recommend the link. Right up your ally big Al.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goodes, Reid and Franklin rotating for parts of the game up on the wing is a treat to watch !!!!

bags playing a run with role on any of those three !!!

plse
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

For the first time ever I'm seeing the Swans intimidate their opponents.
    Coming out like an unstoppable wave, and maintaining that to half time at least.
    Midfield is making the big difference in the last 3 games, everything else is reaping the benefits.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

As a certain commentator (who I think is terrible) would say - WOW WEE.

I have been a Swans supporter for a very long time and have seen the worst and best over many years, but I believe this team and this style of play right now is amazing. We stayed right past the end to soak up the fantastic win by the boys and I couldn't be prouder supporting this team. As we were leaving a dejected Cats supporter said to me "The Swans tonight played some of the best football I have ever seen. Congratulation to you guys".

I agree with the comments above - the midfield last night was superb.

Get around this team and support them like crazy over the next few months as this is going to be a very interesting and exciting time leading into the finals.