Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats

Senior Player
    I admit I've looked at the score a few hundred times and I now accept I wasn't dreaming !
    I wish we could have got one more point , then we could have said what we did after belting GWS last year - if all our scoring shots had been behinds , we'd still have won !

OK , back down on Earth : I reckon we are where we expected to be before Round 1.
    Not the way we did it , but by beating GWS and North,then probably pencilling in losses v Hawks and Cats .

If the Suns beat the Crows , they will be above us on points .
    Geelong , remember , are same as us already , with 7 and 3 (a bit behind on percentage , though).

If the Moggies beat Carlton next week (very possible), if Hawks and Pies win their next two (they will) and if we slip up v Suns , we will be sixth.

Wouldn't look quite so good then , would it ?
    Playing the Suns is not quite as important as the Freo game was (where we went to an ok 2-3 instead of a disastrous 1-4).
    But it is still a very big game : if we are serious about Top Four , this is close to a must-win.

So - enjoy the long break , lads , but remember that Horse wants you to keep a lid on it .
    You CAN go mad all you like - but not until 5:30 pm on the 27th September.

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    I noticed the same thing. The ground looked half empty in the first quarter. I thought many might have assumed the normal 7:40 start.
    They just couldn't get to the ground. Its peak hour, the Vivid brings in thousands every night to clog the arteries, was told that at Central there just weren't enough buses to cater for the crowd . Also the chumps on the Members gate was examining each and every neck for collars......and turning away quite a lot of ticket carryers. Not Swans members though.

PS: forget my query about Jetts, just don't know where I got that from.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Awesome performance. The hard run and team chemistry was breathtaking. Can't recall a better all round performance. I'd give them a 9 out of 10 for that. Which may sound harsh but I'm taking half a point off for inaccuracy and I honestly believe the forwards will play better with more games together. Is that their 2nd or 3rd game all together? Astonishing!!
    The team balance is perfect. And I'll will now admit I WAS WRONG ABOUT DERICKX !!! Welcome to the Swans. Yes he is lacking certain fundamental skills that can be frustrating. But what he does bring is effort, mobility, creates a contest for our midfielders, delivers a bruising game to the opposition and is very very fit. With our structure as it is, we need a ruckman who can pretty much play out an entire game. And he is doing that. I'm not sure Pyke has the capacity or tank to offer us that. And while the team is playing like it is, there is no need to find out anytime soon.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Goodes, Reid and Franklin rotating for parts of the game up on the wing is a treat to watch !!!!

bags playing a run with role on any of those three !!!

plse
    And McVeigh and Jack resting on the HFF.

In the two previous games against the Hawks and Essendon our first quarters were just awesome. Against Hawthorn we allowed them to come back at us, but last night we didn't take the foot off the accelerator (or maybe the throat). The biggest thing is the pressure. We had 90 more disposals AND still managed a dozen more tackles on the night. Plus, as Horse said, everyone played their role.

It's also good to be hitting form in the middle of the season rather than Round 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    You've had all morning to spin the numbers and this is the best you can do?
    "
    5/10 - can do better
    Spin what?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    I noticed the same thing. The ground looked half empty in the first quarter. I thought many might have assumed the normal 7:40 start.
    Yeah I think all games on weeknights have to start at 7:40. Last night showed the crowd will still turn up if it's a big game, but Sydney's transport system is still ill equipped to handle games during the week. Melbourne is so much better with Etihad next to Southern Cross Station and the MCG used to big crowds.

The SCG bars and food outlets really struggled with the numbers. No EFTPOS at the sports bar and they ran out of some beers :|

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    In the two previous games against the Hawks and Essendon our first quarters were just awesome. Against Hawthorn we allowed them to come back at us, but last night we didn't take the foot off the accelerator (or maybe the throat). The biggest thing is the pressure. We had 90 more disposals AND still managed a dozen more tackles on the night. Plus, as Horse said, everyone played their role.

It's also good to be hitting form in the middle of the season rather than Round 1 or 2.
    Take it off? By the quarter we scored 4, 4, 6 and 8 goals. The team didn't just keep it on. They pushed harder and harder!

Just awesome!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post

+1. I was waiting for the return of fire which I was sure would come. Midway through the 3rd I started to relax and enjoy the game! That is really a rarity and a first against Geelong.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For those that didn't watch FOX's pre-game coverage

Happy and I know it
    Thanks Ugg. I'll never forget that night!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke