Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats

Senior Player
    Every year through the mid-late 2000s, I'd drag myself out to ANZ for the Cats game. Watch their unstoppable midfield rampage down the middle, for goal after unanswered goal. They just kept coming like Terminator 2 liquid metal man. Then I'd drag myself home again.

Not tonight. Gonna savour that for a very long time.

Regular in the Side
    Outstanding performance.. the bonus is we have depth as well-- Rohan, Mitchell and O'Keefe in the 2's- but the young brigade doing their roles.. some how though I don't think we can fly under the radar anymore

Over people whining about all our wins being due to COLA

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Over people whining about all our wins being due to COLA
    I'm over the Bondi Billionaires tag too.

I used to it like that people rather liked the Swans - but after tonight I am looking forward to them absolutely hating us as we demolish teams for once.

What a fantastic performance, and if there are any whipping boys in our team; it just means we have further improvement when needed.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm over the Bondi Billionaires tag too.
    Just point out that, alongside Buddy and Tippo, the Swans have built a team around Jack, Smith, Grundy, Rampe, Lloyd, Cunningham (and Pyke) - all gems found on the rookie list - not to mention actual or virtual discards from other sides.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I haven't seen the tv coverage yet so I don't know if it was pointed out but I noticed that Teddy was off for long periods of the last quarter. Any injury concerns with him ?
    Last edited by ugg; 30th May 2014 at 02:02 AM.

Yes Ted was definitely limping badly in last quarter before going to bench. Also Rampe hurt his knee hope it's not serious. And concern about MRP re Goodes. Replay shows totally unintended but he has bumped Selwood's head and he did leave the ground. So we might be testing our depth next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I used to it like that people rather liked the Swans - but after tonight I am looking forward to them absolutely hating us as we demolish teams for once.

What a fantastic performance, and if there are any whipping boys in our team; it just means we have further improvement when needed.

Yep, being hated comes with being a champion team.

I like these stats:
    Thursday night's thrashing by the numbers - sydneyswans.com.au

My favourite: the average winning margin with Tippett and Franklin in the team is 66 points.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Sydney fans are so silly... they leave straight after the game.
    They should hang around and have a chat to all and sundry as they leave.
    Goodesy said walk with me... so I did.
    God I love this team.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Sydney fans are so silly... they leave straight after the game.
    They should hang around and have a chat to all and sundry as they leave.
    Goodesy said walk with me... so I did.
    God I love this team.
    Hi Annie that's great. And the BIG question - does your love now include Kurt Tippett??

Suspended by the MRP
    Wonderful performance. Everyone played their role brilliantly. I could not believe the amount of space that the Swans found.

Harry Taylor was impressive for Geelong. He is the competitions best key defender. The problem Geelong had was that they only had one of him and it allowed Tippett to run wild.

Tippett and Franklin are forming a brilliant combination and never get in each other's way. No team has two Harry Taylor's. If the ball keeps coming down and Franklin and Tippett stay fit, they will continue to dominate.

If the Gold Coast and Port don't stop our midfielders these two forwards will kill them. Thompson and May are promising key backs, but they won't stop Tippett and Franklin if our midfield gets on top.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast