Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats

wow

it was almost a machine like victory and pretty good crowd indeed !!

the pressure was simply relentless for 4 qtrs..........I loved the 11 tackles Ben McGlynn made and his other 5004 incredible pressure acts that didnt count on those 11 tackles.

Most of all i really love our midfield rotation - it is simply a perfect compliment of players, matchups, energy and execution right now !!

GO THE BLOODS ~
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

The focus by the media will be on the awesome forward line but for mine the real story is the midfield. There is so much grunt, run and skill in there that I don't think there's an equal to it in the competition. When playing well they are unstoppable.

Craig bird is starting to show why he was rated high enough to be given the number 14. He's having a stellar season, he's got some class. I don't know whether I count Buddy in the mids or forwards but he's a fine edition to both.

Are we all still in shock? I kept saying, this is all wrong! It was a privilege to watch the boys in action, how alive they all looked, the smiles on the faces of our forward line. Right from the getgo they had decided to enjoy themselves. Little things took place that emphasised this group of players are 'brothers'. At last.

I smiled and thought to myself, yep that's Adam, when he went back to Sellwood after that hit and gave him a 'sorry mate' pat.

I enjoyed watching the old hands directing the less experienced ones where to look for backup and a loose man.
    They just know where the backup is going to be and constantly pointed the direction to look in.
    Right to the very end. No pressure was let up. The pressure was brilliant. Exhausting.

I would also like to acknowledge the fans who did not (in my hearing) taunt any of the Cats fans.

I am now about to toddle off and watch the replay (because I can), even though it was BT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Just point out that, alongside Buddy and Tippo, the Swans have built a team around Jack, Smith, Grundy, Rampe, Lloyd, Cunningham (and Pyke) - all gems found on the rookie list - not to mention actual or virtual discards from other sides.
    Good call liz. Not to mention one Tom Derickx. Whodathortit, getting better technique each week, plus goals.
    Last edited by Primmy; 30th May 2014 at 08:55 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Just look at Mc guire last night on tv look of we cant beat them in his eyes, hope they can keep it up. , May be privileged to watch Sydneys Golden Era . I think these boys look so at ease with their team and its team plan .So proud to be a SWANS supporter. Keep it up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Craig bird is starting to show why he was rated high enough to be given the number 14. He's having a stellar season, he's got some class. I don't know whether I count Buddy in the mids or forwards but he's a fine edition to both.
    I though both Birdy and Benny would be overrun by the younger and quicker brigade.
    Sadly for the younger and quicker brigade, those 2 have only got better as the season has gone on.

Outstanding game by Bird. Stevie J had no excuses for being worn out.
    And even though Selwood still got the ball plenty of times was no where near as damaging as he can be. Well done to McGlynn!!

My brother suggested that in any 100+ win the losing team should be required to do a hoedown to the victors team song.

But in all seriousness that was an unbelievable game, the boys just didn't let up, everyone played their part and it was phenomenal.
    Highlights:
    The whole team just gelled together,
    Tippett's grin when he kicked us past 100
    The noise from the Sydney fans, it's been a while since the chanting was that strong and that in sync
    Over 35000 people at the game

Lowlights:
    Channel 7 coverage (reportedly)
    Possible suspension for Goodes
    Getting home to a cranky cat
    5.5 hours sleep
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Lel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    My brother suggested that in any 100+ win the losing team should be required to do a hoedown to the victors team song.

But in all seriousness that was an unbelievable game, the boys just didn't let up, everyone played their part and it was phenomenal.
    Highlights:
    The whole team just gelled together,
    Tippett's grin when he kicked us past 100
    The noise from the Sydney fans, it's been a while since the chanting was that strong and that in sync

Lowlights:
    Channel 7 coverage (reportedly)
    Possible suspension for Goodes
    Getting home to a cranky cat
    5.5 hours sleep
    Listening to BT.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Did anybody else notice the heavy strapping on Buddy's knee to start the game?
    Thought this was going to be an issue and his movement looked hindered early, great to see him come out after half time with it discarded and getting around the ground with much more freedom!

Being from Geelong and hating them with an unbridled passion makes last night one of the most enjoyable games of football I have ever experienced, exciting times to be a Blood

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The Port game will be fascinating, as they seem to be the only other team with as many runners as us.

We effectively have:

* seven blokes capable of starting in the centre square (McVeigh, Kennedy, Jack, Hanners, Parker, McGlynn and Bird)
    * two more outside runners (Lloyd and Jetta)
    * two runners off the back (Shaw and Malceski).

That's 11. Then throw in mobile forwards capable of drifting into the midfield like Buddy and Goodes (excluding Sam as he's playing a different role for now) plus a couple more in defence like Rampe who run create run.

Port have a similar mix, between their strong midfield, runners back and good small forwards who drift high up the ground - plus a couple of mobile bigs like Westhoff and Trengrove.

As that utter goose with one less premiership medallion than Mike Pyke would say: "Boy oh boy wow wee what about that?"
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

[QUOTE=Untamed Snark;642169
    Highlights:

[/QUOTE]

I thought the crowd noise was very disappointing - very quiet for most of the game where I was. Because it was such a non-contest, I think the adrenaline wasn't pumping. (Nothing like the Freo game.)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast