Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 V Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Rohan was poor yesterday, I would be staggering for a performance like that to be rewarded with a call up.
    Me too - all there really is at the moment is flashes of his best - but given the NEAFL, you really want to see them dominating at that level, not just doing ok.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was only watching the youtube stream, but I don't think I'd describe Rohan's game as "poor" at all.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

After a win like that, no need for any changes, except for the fact that I've predicted Lloyd would make way for Mitchell for the last four weeks. I can't stop now.

Ha ha! When I watched the replay (just in case what I thought I saw Thurs night was just a dream) I realised Lloyd was yet another player who had a fantastic match. So you might be wrong again.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I was only watching the youtube stream, but I don't think I'd describe Rohan's game as "poor" at all.
    Me neither. For a player playing in defence in a team that won comfortably (ie the ball spent more of the time at the other end of the ground), and a team that demands (and receives) a pretty even contribution from all players, his contribution was good I thought. I am not advocating a recall to the senior team but he seems to be gaining in confidence in a new role and has been far from "poor" in any game I've seen him play in the NEAFL this year.

Gaz has all the potential to be a very very good HBF and could play a role similar to Shaw by 2015
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I really like what Lloyd and Cunningham add to the team. While not getting heaps of posesson, what they do bring is quality.

Rohan and Mitchell will have to wait for injuries to get back in the team, imo.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I agree, and so does Swans Media's Josh Berriman:

Swans reserves top Thunder and table
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I really like what Lloyd and Cunningham add to the team. While not getting heaps of posesson, what they do bring is quality.

Rohan and Mitchell will have to wait for injuries to get back in the team, imo.
    They are just efficient, i think that's the best i can describe them currently. They very rarely give free's away, they hit targets, are smart, quick hands, right places, great pressure/tackles. They just don't waste chances. Harry may go down only for fitness rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    They are just efficient, i think that's the best i can describe them currently. They very rarely give free's away, they hit targets, are smart, quick hands, right places, great pressure/tackles. They just don't waste chances. Harry may go down only for fitness rotations.
    We are so fortunate that the 3 midfielders introduced in the past year, Mitchell, Cunningham and Lloyd are all so good. And each offers something different, so it's really hard to make comparisons and say who is better. You can tell by the way he carries himself on the football field that Mitchell is going to be a star. But the other 2 have been our best users of the footy this year. There have been many praising Lloyd for his performance in his 6 games, including myself, but Harry has been fantastic as well. In recent weeks when he's been given a tagging role, he's limited some very dangerous players, and has added to his versatility as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Jetta is a must if fit. I think he is trying to be more measured in his play apart from just using his pace.

He has wonderful hands and is a brilliant kick. He is playing a quarterback style role. His teammates just need to encourage him to explode when in space and all will be fine.

I loved his last second goal in the Geelong game.
    One of the things I have noticed about him this season is that he is taking some really solid marks from hard driven balls off the half back line. his presence in the team creates so much space for others.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    One of the things I have noticed about him this season is that he is taking some really solid marks from hard driven balls off the half back line. His presence in the team creates so much space for others.
    An incalculable virtue in today's tight game.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast