Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 V Suns

OUT : Whateley, Gordon, Swann, Maguire

IN :Robbo(can't believe I'm writing this), Healy, Sheahan, Dunstall
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Me neither. For a player playing in defence in a team that won comfortably (ie the ball spent more of the time at the other end of the ground), and a team that demands (and receives) a pretty even contribution from all players, his contribution was good I thought. I am not advocating a recall to the senior team but he seems to be gaining in confidence in a new role and has been far from "poor" in any game I've seen him play in the NEAFL this year.
    A view shared by Swans Media's Josh Berriman:

As a whole, the way the reserves were able to shut out the Thunder forwards and then counterattack from the half-back line at times mirrored the seniors? Thursday night dismantling of the Cats.

Zak Jones and Gary Rohan were often key contributors in that drive, with Jones showing a desire for the contest over four quarters that wouldn?t have surprised many. He spoiled well and shrugged off a knock late in the third term to again improve his game further in the final term.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Why not play Mitchell as sub with a brief to go hard on the inside and let JPK roam forward a little. i.e. focus on toughness instead of speed.

On the Rookie List
    Looks like maybe Rampe out after injury report saying we will see how he goes Friday for training.

"Damage to his knee" without much more description does'nt sound good and I don't think they would risk it.

Suspended by the MRP
    With Rampe needing to prove his fitness on Friday, would the Swans name a squad of 25 tonight?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    All Sunday teams name a squad of 25 on Thursday nights.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    With Rampe needing to prove his fitness on Friday, would the Swans name a squad of 25 tonight?
    Perhaps a weeks' rest for Dane and a debut is on the cards???

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Perhaps a weeks' rest for Dane and a debut is on the cards???
    Nope - I reckon they will just bring Mitchell in.

Suspended by the MRP
    Can another rookie be upgraded at this time of the year without a senior listed player going to the long term injury list?

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Nope - I reckon they will just bring Mitchell in.
    Agree. McVeigh to the HBF and Mitchell to the bench

If Rampe doesn't come up for the game, I wouldn't mind seeing Membrey get a game as the sub. I think we should bring Harry back into the 21 as we will need his pace against the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Can another rookie be upgraded at this time of the year without a senior listed player going to the long term injury list?
    I think we can upgrade a rookie after round 11. I believe there are some salary cap implications as well, but not sure of all the technical details.