Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 V Suns

Just announced

In: Pyke, B. Jack, G. Rohan
    Out: -

Very surprised to not see Mitchell's name in at least the emergencies. Perhaps there is something specific they want him to work on in the reserves. It also seems that the selection team don't share the opinions of some people on this forum about Rohan's performances in the reserves.

Rohan has been named as cover for Rampe I would imagine as a result of his new role as a halfback flanker. The Swans go like for like and have done for years yet many still don't seem to get that. Mitchell will get his chance when there is a midfield spot available. Presently there isn't. It's also common to take a reserve ruckman when travelling, so it's fortunate that Pyke is fit, although I doubt he'll play unless Bo get hurt in the warm up. It's highly likely that the final 22 will be unchanged.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Just announced

Very surprised to not see Mitchell's name in at least the emergencies. Perhaps there is something specific they want him to work on in the reserves. It also seems that the selection team don't share the opinions of some people on this forum about Rohan's performances in the reserves.
    Yep, Mitchell is not getting enough possessions.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yep, Mitchell is not getting enough possessions.
    He did suffer a 50% drop last week

They've named a few extra topups for the ressies game so I assume a few seniors are in doubt. (Rampe being one of them)

At least we will avoid those 'Son of a gun shines against the Suns' headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    At least we will avoid those 'Son of a gun shines against the Suns' headlines.
    No love for JPK?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Just announced

I don't think there is any thing specific that Mitchell needs to work on. I think Brandon Jack and Garry Rohan are quicker options for the Subs vest than Tom Mitchell. If Rampe goes out then Cunningham will start and Jack or Rohan will move to Sub.

I think Sam Reid will spend more time down back minding one of the Gold Coast big forwards so you would not need to play another defender to replace Rampe.

So if Rohan comes in and does an outstanding job off half back does Ramps get back in?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So if Rohan comes in and does an outstanding job off half back does Ramps get back in?
    No.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I don't think there is any thing specific that Mitchell needs to work on. I think Brandon Jack and Garry Rohan are quicker options for the Subs vest than Tom Mitchell. If Rampe goes out then Cunningham will start and Jack or Rohan will move to Sub.

I think Sam Reid will spend more time down back minding one of the Gold Coast big forwards so you would not need to play another defender to replace Rampe.
    Yep, spot on.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Absolutely in my book, he has now shown over 1 1/2 years that he is a part of our best 22 at this time. Rohan would have to have an absolute blinder to even consider leaving Rampe out if you ask me, and he didn't do enough in the ressies game last week to suggest he is at the top of his game yet.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast