Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 V Suns

+1
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I keep seeing that Rohan and Jack are better subs than Mitchell, even though Mitchell usually touches the ball more in half a game than either of those players manage to do in a full game. Even if you combined Rohan and Jack's disposals it wouldn't equal what Tom can do.

Is running really fast better than getting the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I keep seeing that Rohan and Jack are better subs than Mitchell, even though Mitchell usually touches the ball more in half a game than either of those players manage to do in a full game. Even if you combined Rohan and Jack's disposals it wouldn't equal what Tom can do.

Is running really fast better than getting the ball?
    I guess the theory is the fresh legs AND the pace make them even likely to be first to the ball. But if they don't run to the right place....

IIRC Parker was sub a few times, including the GF, and he's no Jetta. So really fresh legs are more important than fast fresh legs.

Rohan is great as a sub because he's got it all - size, pace, versatility, redtop. Few can match that.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

Absolutely in my book, he has now shown over 1 1/2 years that he is a part of our best 22 at this time. Rohan would have to have an absolute blinder to even consider leaving Rampe out if you ask me, and he didn't do enough in the ressies game last week to suggest he is at the top of his game yet.
    But the OP's conjecture was that Rohan had an "outstanding" game, or a "blinder" in your terminology.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    But the OP's conjecture was that Rohan had an "outstanding" game, or a "blinder" in your terminology.
    I'd like to think we have room for both but I can't see how unless Rohan plays somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if Rampe has more than 1 week out so Gaz might have a few weeks to make a case.

- - - Updated - - -

Next question.....Who plays?

1. Derrykx.
    2. Pyke.
    3. Both.

My vote is Pyke.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I'd like to think we have room for both but I can't see how unless Rohan plays somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if Rampe has more than 1 week out so Gaz might have a few weeks to make a case.

- - - Updated - - -

Next question.....Who plays?

1. Derrykx.
    2. Pyke.
    3. Both.

My vote is Pyke.
    There is no desperation to get Tom D out of the senior side. He has held his own against some good challenges and has shown significant improvement.

This gives us the luxury of managing Pyke?s return through the reserves. Pyke?s game time can be managed through the reserves and it?s important to note that the Swans number one ruckman needs to ruck for 80% of the game and take almost all centre bounces. That?s a huge workload and you need to be 100% game fit to complete the task.

Tom D is 100% game fit and is doing a good job. Pyke needs to get to 100% match fitness. I think this could take Pyke two weeks in the reserves.

Pyke is my preferred number one ruck option, but not under done.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    There is no desperation to get Tom D out of the senior side. He has held his own against some good challenges and has shown significant improvement.

This gives us the luxury of managing Pyke?s return through the reserves. Pyke?s game time can be managed through the reserves and it?s important to note that the Swans number one ruckman needs to ruck for 80% of the game and take almost all centre bounces. That?s a huge workload and you need to be 100% game fit to complete the task.

Tom D is 100% game fit and is doing a good job. Pyke needs to get to 100% match fitness. I think this could take Pyke two weeks in the reserves.

+1
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I agree with everything you said Matt but why would they name him if they weren't thinking of playing him?

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I know - my conjecture is that such a game is unlikely, given what I saw in the reserves game last week. very happy to be proven wrong if he gets a game though!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goes up to 11

I'm with you on this too, but equally mystified as to why Mike was named in the squad. I assume the powers that be would prefer to have Mike in the team if he's fit, without giving him a run in Ressies?

If this is the case we might see 2 ruckmen - might be wanting to get yet another bigger body in to bash the still-developing Suns kids?

As stated earlier by another poster, I think Pyke has been named in case Derrickx breaks down before the game. I think the risk of the senior side going in ruckmanless far outweighs the benefit of giving Pyke a run in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'm with you on this too, but equally mystified as to why Mike was named in the squad. I assume the powers that be would prefer to have Mike in the team if he's fit, without giving him a run in Ressies?

If this is the case we might see 2 ruckmen - might be wanting to get yet another bigger body in to bash the still-developing Suns kids?
    If they play both talls. I wonder if Champion Data have a stat on the tallest average height of a side ever played? Ours would neay rival most NBL sides with Buddy, Tippett, Reid, Goodesy, Pykey & Derro

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast