Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 V Suns

Changes for Round 11 V Suns

Outs. Rampe inj? Goodes susp? Richards sore?

Ins. Mitchell, Pyke, and Alir Alir to debut if Teddy is unwell.

Out: Behinds
    In: Goals
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Outs: Rampe (injured); Goodes (suspended - Brereton will be livid if it doesn't happen); Derrickx (A for effort but I still prefer Pike)

Ins: Mitchell (McVeigh to move down back); LRT (for Goodes and to provide ruck relief for...); Pike

Xav for his brother if he doesn't pull up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Outs: Rampe (injured); Goodes (suspended - Brereton will be livid if it doesn't happen); Derrickx (A for effort but I still prefer Pike)

Ins: Mitchell (McVeigh to move down back); LRT (for Goodes and to provide ruck relief for...); Pike

Xav for his brother if he doesn't pull up.
    LRT for Teddy perhaps, but never to ruck again. Sam Reid and Tippo can do a far better job in and around the ruck area
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

The Swans have a 10 day break, so far too early to say if Rampe is out injured. Goodes' suspension also dubious. Also would like to see who does well in the reserves this weekend. Harry C had a very strong outing coming on late in the 3rd qtr and would be good for a start against a very quick side. Possibly a good game for Towers to get the vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Swans have a 10 day break, so far too early to say if Rampe is out injured. Goodes' suspension also dubious. Also would like to see who does well in the reserves this weekend. Harry C had a very strong outing coming on late in the 3rd qtr and would be good for a start against a very quick side. Possibly a good game for Towers to get the vest.
    Hopefully no changes are needed.

If Rampe is injured I would bring in Mitchell. McVeigh to the half back line.
    If Teddy is injured I would bring in Aliir or Xav.
    If Goodes is suspended I would bring in Membrey

Suspended by the MRP
    Depending on injuries and circumstances:

Out - Goodes (susp), Rampe (Inj)

In - Membrey, Rohan

Sam Reid to move back to play on Charlie Dixon. Membrey to support Tippett and Franklin with Goodes out.

Rohan to be the Sub and provide some explosive run, late in the 3rd quarter.

These ideas were proposed by Ludwig two weeks ago!

I'd be inclined to make some of those changes in any case. See how the suns go against the crows this week and the ressies. I sort of hope goodes gets suspended because I am sick of the grief such a good fella seems to receive and one week in the scheme of things is not the end of the world.

I'd be inclined to give membrey and mitchell a run because (if they deserve it) they are showing something and we dont want to limp into finals as we did last year.

My thinking however is somewhat tempered with the thought that this side could very well play the best footy i have ever seen and could scar a few sides between now and finals.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    If Rampe needs time, move Cunningham to the backs, Mitchell to sub.

If Goodes is suspended (which I doubt), replace with Membrey.

If Ted needs time, replace with LRT.

Pyke, out for four weeks so to play a game with the ressies before coming back to the firsts.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

Pyke, out for four weeks so to play a game with the ressies before coming back to the firsts.
    Spot on. Reasonable calls, and like for like replacements.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Blog Entries

Well said Horse!!!

Just wild about Harry

I like this. Another reason for Pyke to return via the magoos is that there is no pressing need at the moment for a ruckman who can move forward and take a grab. With a big forward line already, then this would only be detrimental. I also think that, at the moment, our ruckman is playing purely as a tagger for theirs - Derickx competes at the bounces, etc but if you watch carefully, he seems to follow around their ruckman to keep him quiet. I know that most of the Cats had a bad day, but Macintosh was playing very well before that game and I think Derickx shut him down very well without getting a lot of the ball himself. A 204cm tagger is a bit of a novelty.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast