Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Sydney Swans Reserves v NT Thunder

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    What about Isaac Heeney to get the job on Aaron Davey?
    I can guarantee you that will not happen.

Suspended by the MRP
    Will it be Zac Jones? His brother could advise him on how to play on Davey

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It's not working.
    You have to click on the arrow.........

Bit hard to tag someone who is not playing.

Suspended by the MRP
    Sorry got the brothers mixed up. Would Heeney get the job on Alwyn Davey?

There are 20 listed players. They will get preference in terms of game time so I would say Heeney and Davis would get less game time. Hence it wouldn't make much sense asking Heeney to tag their best midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    With regards to getting to Drummoyne Oval, Untamed Snark mentioned in some other thread that parking is limited at the actual oval but you may be able to get street parking. There is a sports club a couple of streets away that may offer parking (Hythe St)

If locals have more information, please share!
    Forget about the sports club - it's being demolished for residential living and is fenced off. Parking was rubbish there, even when the club was operating.
    Take public transport if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Forget about the sports club - it's being demolished for residential living and is fenced off. Parking was rubbish there, even when the club was operating.
    How about the surrounding streets?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    How about the surrounding streets?
    I can usually magic up a spot in Thompson St (western side). Trouble with the eastern side is that they're all one-way streets and you can so easily end up getting sucked into the Victoria Road slipstream and ending up in Gladesville or Hunters Hill or Newcastle before you can u-turn.
    Be careful of that.

Suspended by the MRP
    Next season the Reserves could look to make the switch from Drummoyne Oval to the picturess Waverley Oval.

There is a wonderful new Grandstand, it's easily accessible for public transport, and wives and girlfriends could enjoy the nearby shopping facilities.

The car parking is poor, but that would not be a problem as most players could walk to the ground.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Next season the Reserves could look to make the switch from Drummoyne Oval to the picturess Waverley Oval.

There is a wonderful new Grandstand, it's easily accessible for public transport, and wives and girlfriends could enjoy the nearby shopping facilities.

The car parking is poor, but that would not be a problem as most players could walk to the ground.
    Wavereley oval is a beauty Matt. No need for a warm up after the walk up Bondi Rd, a cool down at Bondi beach afterwards and straight over to the local establishments for the nightlife. I'll stop now - you don't need any more encouragement!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I can usually magic up a spot in Thompson St (western side). Trouble with the eastern side is that they're all one-way streets and you can so easily end up getting sucked into the Victoria Road slipstream and ending up in Gladesville or Hunters Hill or Newcastle before you can u-turn.
    Be careful of that.
    Newcastle???

Plenty of street parking. There is a car park at the bottom of bayswater rd (stick to the left and follow the st down to the waterfront) or street parking on the Thompson st side. Such a shame I'm out of town it's about a 10min walk from my house.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast