Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Round 10: Sydney Swans Reserves v NT Thunder

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Trying to drum up a bit more support for trading Mitchell again are we Matt
    Not at all. Mitchell is the next in and under midfielder in line to play seniors. I simply wanted to know about Daniel Robinson suitability to play senior football and used Mitchell as the closest comparison point.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Not at all. Mitchell is the next in and under midfielder in line to play seniors. I simply wanted to know about Daniel Robinson suitability to play senior football and used Mitchell as the closest comparison point.
    The panel on League Teams on Fox tonight all agreed Mitchell would get a game at every other club.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Don't worry Matt80, I was just having a stir :P

He seems to be coming on very well Robinson - I was impressed with what I saw in last week's game, he certainly seems to be coming on well. Our depth is becoming impressive, and as Nico says, its unlikely there would be too many clubs where Mitchell not be getting a game.

When he does get his chance, Mitchell needs to grasp the chance and make it all but impossible for him to be dropped, just like Lloyd has done since he came into the team.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

The last time we saw Mitchell was during our early run when everyone was playing badly (except perhaps Benny and Luke).

I think Tom will slip back in brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Looks a player Daniel Robinson. Pre season I thought he looked better than Lloyd, probably not as quick.

Interested to see if another club has a crack at him at years end. At the moment hard to see where we would play him.

Definitely knocking on the door
    I wouldn't have an issue loosing a fringe midfielder like him if we can get reasonable compensation. Players such as Hannaberry, Mitchell, Cunningham, Lloyd, Jones, Perris, Heeney, Mills, etc (nice midfield isn't it) are always going to be in front of them for the next decade. Hewitt is looking promising too. There just isn't the room for all these mids. If we can trade some of the mids on the outer cusp of selection and be compensated for it we should. And please, any talk of trading Mitchell should stop. He's the son of a former Swans champion and is going to be a champion himself one day. You can't go trading f/s's to other clubs.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    You can't go trading f/s's to other clubs.
    Unless you're Hawthorn (JPK). Or Sydney (Dempster). If you're the Eagles, you just sack'em! (Cousins)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678