Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit that you actually know nothing about what goes on at either Uni or Hills as evidenced by your laughable claim that we get 300k a year from the AFL. To be honest I really couldn't give a flying about your ideas to revolutionize football in Sydney, but good luck to you anyway.

But on that, I guess Uni doesn't run on volunteer efforts either (tell that to the President who would spend at least 20 unpaid hours a week on club affairs), doesn't do any work with local junior clubs or any of those other things. And the university itself pretty much dedicates all of it's resources to the footy club. So we pretty much have it made. Now, where's that food on the floor we were discussing earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Student,
    tell us about the extraordinary result out at Blacktown today - how did your NEAFL team just about win the boil-over of the season ?
    The boys were up for it, the Swans were a little bit down on numbers due to the Rams playing that day, gluey conditions - we're not a bad side, probably a year or two away from really giving the top sides a shake. Given that the Swans have massacred us the past three times we've played this was a great result. The real test for the lads will be in two weeks time in the top end. Will be a great experience for them all, I'm sure.

No, you're spot on there Student, I know nothing about what goes on at SU or Baulko, and as you so eloquently put it, i don't give a flying either ... and nor does 99.9% of the Sydney AFL community ... every time you touch the key board, you simply reinforce my point ... Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Student,
    tell us about the extraordinary result out at Blacktown today - how did your NEAFL team just about win the boil-over of the season ?
    Swans had 9 kids from their academy, with 6 on debut ... probably tells the story, not that anyone much would care.

I was interested to see that SU smashed The Bombers by 15 goals in Premier Division ... that was a bit of a turn up, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Swans had 9 kids from their academy, with 6 on debut ... probably tells the story, not that anyone much would care.
    !
    Thanks for the update UCM - makes sense when you put it like that.

Warming the Bench
    No, you're spot on there Student, I know nothing about what goes on at SU or Baulko, and as you so eloquently put it, i don't give a flying either ... and nor does 99.9% of the Sydney AFL community ... every time you touch the key board, you simply reinforce my point ... Cheers!
    For someone who doesn't give a flying, you seem to be right across the NEAFL with your feedback on the Swans v Uni game. It's good to have you on board.

Not sure what you mean by being "on board", but, I am a Swans fan, and even if I don't go to Blacktown to watch the reserves when they clash with the AFL game - who tf runs this bs NEAFL comp??? - it's not too hard to keep up to date on this stuff.

... in fact, it's normally well covered in the RWO Swans Chat ... in this very site!

Knock yourself out!

NEAFL Round 12: Sydney University v Sydney Swans Reserves

Not sure what you mean by being "on board", but, I am a Swans fan, and even if I don't go to Blacktown to watch the reserves when they clash with the AFL game - who tf runs this bs NEAFL comp??? - it's not too hard to keep up to date on this stuff.

... in fact, it's normally well covered in the RWO Swans Chat ... in this very site!

Knock yourself out!
    Naaaahhh, I think TimF is on the money UCM - you are across the NEAFL more than all of us are, and it's good to have you on board.

I love the passionate banter the NEAFL creates, it lightens up my day.

I admit I am not a follower of the NEAFL and would not know one week to the next what the results are and occasionally will check out the ladder when i think about it and their lies the problem as it seems there are many others like me.

So what is the problem? well there would be differing views I suspect but for me it is what is the purpose of the NEAFL?

Is it to develop talent in a higher tier competition? Personally I would hope so and I do agree it is a higher tier than the SFL and and it is a vehicle the northern based AFL clubs need for their developing talent and it should from a Sydney and Canberra position a vehicle that results in more young NSW and ACT players making it onto AFL club lists.

If my view is correct then the current model is flawed, I have no issue with SU or SHE but if they remain in the NEAFL then I suspect the competition will remain uninteresting and unsupported by the wider Sydney football community, if the AFL stop funding it at whatever the contribution is it would be questionable if either club could sustain it.

Whilst in may be a problem for the AFL to manage the NEAFL team(s) and i suspect it would be then it will be interesting to see what happens with the Sydney sides in this competition but i suspect whilst it remains in its current format it will not result in more Sydney talent being developed and listed at AFL clubs nor will it gain any real support from the wider AFL football community in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Background View Post
    I love the passionate banter the NEAFL creates, it lightens up my day.

I admit I am not a follower of the NEAFL and would not know one week to the next what the results are and occasionally will check out the ladder when i think about it and their lies the problem as it seems there are many others like me.

So what is the problem? well there would be differing views I suspect but for me it is what is the purpose of the NEAFL?

Is it to develop talent in a higher tier competition? Personally I would hope so and I do agree it is a higher tier than the SFL and and it is a vehicle the northern based AFL clubs need for their developing talent and it should from a Sydney and Canberra position a vehicle that results in more young NSW and ACT players making it onto AFL club lists.

If my view is correct then the current model is flawed, I have no issue with SU or SHE but if they remain in the NEAFL then I suspect the competition will remain uninteresting and unsupported by the wider Sydney football community, if the AFL stop funding it at whatever the contribution is it would be questionable if either club could sustain it.

Whilst in may be a problem for the AFL to manage the NEAFL team(s) and i suspect it would be then it will be interesting to see what happens with the Sydney sides in this competition but i suspect whilst it remains in its current format it will not result in more Sydney talent being developed and listed at AFL clubs nor will it gain any real support from the wider AFL football community in Sydney.
    A balanced and well thought out analysis.

The NEAFL may be good for the AFL clubs (though I think they'd be way better of in an expanded SANFL) and it certainly helps SHE and SU but I think from a wider Sydney Football point of view it scores a big fat F.

Any genuine local talent capable of making the step to perhaps AFL rookie list could easily do it as a Swans or GWS top up. And the money SHE and SU spend could be invested equally across the Sydney Football stakeholders not just two clubs...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast