Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: NEAFL

So I guess East Coast will be telling all the players that they recruited from other clubs with the promise of playing NEAFL to go to Sydney Uni

Warming the Bench
    SHH can you tell me any players from Sydney football that the Hills Eagles have recruited

Didn't they recruit heavily though? I doubt 16 or so go back to playing for SHE's PD team. Chase cash elsewhere unless they can still pay them "NEAFL salaries"?

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    I found this interesting;

It is believed the preferred model for a Canberra NEAFL team is to be a new franchise, funded by Ainslie, Belconnen, Eastlake and Queanbeyan, with the old guard returning to play in the AFL Canberra competition.

Read more: Belconnen and Queanbeyan look set to give NEAFL the boot

... but again, due to the "lack of transparency and direction" (see Keystone Kops!), who would really know?

That model, however, seems to be the common sense approach ... essentially an ACT "Representative" Franchise ... just like there should be two or three franchises in Sydney set up in a similar way.

Something that is relevant to all stakeholders, and sustainable ... I have no doubt that one of the outcomes would be retention for the SAFL Premier division clubs and strengthening of that competition.

Who knows, maybe this is what is happening, most likely by accident though ...
    They wanted the ACT clubs to chuck in 150k each to form these rep teams - whether that was going to be annually, I have no idea. Can't blame Belconnen and Queanbeyan for telling them to bugger off. If they have a similar setup in Sydney I don't see where the money would come from - would the AFL stump up for all of it then run it themselves? It's an interesting scenario.

... a drop in the bucket for the AFL to underwrite an ACT franchise and a couple of Sydney franchises, IF they were serious about "developing pathways" and not just giving the AFL clubs a ressies comp.

Love to know what the AFL NSW/ACT annual payroll runs out at (talk about taking money under false pretense), let alone their budget for Auskick kits for school kids who never play the game again ...?

Well, I'd say Manly will be aiming for back to back before the Eagles return to dominate Prems!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Well, I'd say Manly will be aiming for back to back before the Eagles return to dominate Prems!
    It makes this years title an important one to try and snare. The Eagles would be short odds to do another three-peat

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789