Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFL hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I've just taken a squiz- Brad kicked 558 goals whilst playing up the ground enough to have averaged around 20 disposals a game across 364 games. That's pretty decent.
    Decent is no 'great'. He is the player that downhill skier was invested for. I don't dispute that he was a good player. But great no chance

I have met him and he is a really lovely guy. That is nothing to do with the fact he was not a great

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think my favourite thing about Brad Johnson is when he first retired and started doing some media work, he'd wear his own tasteful, well tailored suits instead of the ones supplied by the channels like everyone else.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Decent is no 'great'. He is the player that downhill skier was invested for. I don't dispute that he was a good player. But great no chance

I have met him and he is a really lovely guy. That is nothing to do with the fact he was not a great
    I think Brad Johnson is very deserving. I remember there was a time when the Dogs had no key forwards and he and Nathan Brown were their CHF and FF. He was a small but very effective CHF during that time.

The player who reminds me of Johnson at the Swans is Luke Parker due his strong body and overhead marking. Asking Brad Johnson to play CHF for a season is like asking Luke Parker to fill in at CHF for a season.

Brad Johnson as HOLer devalues the hall of fame. So would Mickey o to be honest.

you need to be the best of your generation. Brownlow of mvp should be a minimum.

Regular in the Side
    Maybe too much focus on Micky O. Does anyone agree with me also that too many latter day players are selected and not enough of the PAST players (say 20 or more years ago). Could it be that the selectors only have the latter day players in sights as most have not seen much of the older players. Maybe there needs to be some restrictions like say 2 inductees fro players who have been out of the game less than 10 yrs .

Senior Player
    I just want to see Cowboy Neale get the nod at some point.

I love Micky O and he was a fantastic player for us - maybe he would have been there by know if he had kicked better in a couple of Grand Finals ? Don't think Brad Johnson could have done more for the Dog's for what has been a poorly resourced club for a long time and he never had a Plugger or Barry Hall in his prime to crumb off - for his size and position a great player.

Micky O should get there one day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12