Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans Vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I haven't read any of this thread yet but
    This was the only game I get to see live this year and it was a very dull crowd a far a Swans fans went. I was in bay 105 and apart from a few voices it was as though people were siting on their hands. Very disappointing. Fair enough that it wasn't a home game but c'mon people.
    I'm sure none were RWOers :-)
    I was over the other side of the ground to you and we were pretty vocal over our side.
    I must say that I thought The Suns put on a very good game day experience and the ground is wonderful. The SCG game day staff could take a few pointers from the Metricon staff in politeness also.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    ... The opposition should be petrified when he has ball in hand and a bit of space to work with, but he doesn't give them enough reason for that.
    I get frustrated with this too. Luckily he is one our best kicks but he needs to combine that with a bit more running the lines.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Opti-pessi-misti
    I have been thinking along similar lines AG. Jets has worried me all this season. He does not seem to play with much enthusiasm, its as though he is not enjoying his footy. Maybe he has just lost confidence.

Part of playing footy these days is fitting in with the team structure and playing your role regardless of where and how you are asked to play. That is a hallmark particularly of the Swans ethos. Maybe Jets is finding it hard to adapt to this. He seems to be more one of those happy go lucky types who, having spent his early days kicking footballs into rubbish bins in the park and doing all sorts of amazing tricks, is finding chasing down players up and back, side to side and standing by while others do all the amazing things, deflating. When he does get opportunities to show his flair and special qualities, at least 50% of the time he has been kicking little dinky kicks to others in the forward line either under pressure or they miss the mark, even when he is within kicking distance himself. Its as though his instinctive game has suffered as he tries to do what he thinks he is meant to be doing. He has so much to offer that we are not seeing much of at the moment. I am probably way off the mark but - he worries me. .

It is possible, as some have mentioned with Sam Reid, that he is being turned into a 'versitile' player to meet the needs of the team before he has had the opportunity to confidently play week in week out in one position. LRT became an effective 'forward/swing man' quite late in his career. Both Everitt and Jesse found it hard to shine in the 'swing man' role. It is a difficult role for a young player.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiXqXMAnd2w"]
    I for one do not want him ignoring great leads from very very good tall forwards like we have and i think that is primarily what he is doing ie looking to hit more targets then blitz players
    It goes without saying that if any player sees an open target in a better position, get the ball to him. My problem with Jetta sometimes is he can have space to run into but chooses instead to kick to a contest. And he's not hitting targets like he should, given his good kicking skills.

Buddy free

"Contact between the Sydney Swans? Lance Franklin and Gold Coast?s Clay Cameron from the second quarter of Sunday?s match was assessed. Cameron has the ball and is preparing to kick when Franklin comes towards him. As the Gold Coast player disposes of the ball, Franklin meets him with a bump. A free kick downfield was paid at the time for the high contact and it was the view of the panel that the high contact in the bump was below the force required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was required."

I'm very pleased by the Franklin decision which I think is correct. But as others have already said Buddy has to forget the bump altogether. At his height it is simply too dangerous - for both the receiver and the deliverer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It goes without saying that if any player sees an open target in a better position, get the ball to him. My problem with Jetta sometimes is he can have space to run into but chooses instead to kick to a contest. And he's not hitting targets like he should, given his good kicking skills.
    Ludwig that is my argument

I cant remember the stages of the game that you appear to remember

I am happy to be corrected but I remember the season fairly well and from my memory he has targets in front to hit rather then opportunities to run into clear pastures

if you can point them out I am happy to be proven incorrect
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    I thought Jetta was pretty good yesterday. He kicked 2 ripper goals and only appeared to make one wrong decision when he stopped and propped rather take a shot for goal. Got on his own with regular monotony. I reckon he has been consistent most of the year. 83% effeciency is more than acceptable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I thought Jetta was pretty good yesterday. He kicked 2 ripper goals and only appeared to make one wrong decision when he stopped and propped rather take a shot for goal. Got on his own with regular monotony. I reckon he has been consistent most of the year. 83% effeciency is more than acceptable.
    Turned it over twice from memory when he went for a "run".

I'm ready to wipe the slate clean with Jetts this season and start marking him from the PA game. I feel he's had a good season, but expect more from such a talented player.

Senior Player
    Give me a break on Jetta, 18 disposals and 2 goals hardly pathetic. We are a team where all players apart from 3 or 4 dominate parts of the game then don't. Personally as long as we win each week I don't care who or if anyone dominates.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast