Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans Vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Just looked to me like he was having am exceptionally dirty day (goals aside) where not much went right for him.
    I admit he had a dirty day up field. But it's getting pretty consistent. It's not his first dirty day up field under pressure. I think he is out of his depth outside the 50.

I thought today was another good win.. I don't feel we ever reached top gear.. I think we were somewhat sloppy and nowhere near our best in all areas of our disposal.. What is up with Jetta.. He seems to look quite down on himself at the moment.. When he kicked a goal in the last qtr a whole bunch of guys went to him to congratulate him like it was his 1st ever goal.. Is there anything in that ?

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Poor Sammy - I would not be surprised if he is bringing the cut up oranges to the game ATM as well.
    LOL yeah. But that's just it. What is his role? He's uncomfortable and looks awkward in what he has been given up field.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    .... What is up with Jetta.. He seems to look quite down on himself at the moment.. When he kicked a goal in the last qtr a whole bunch of guys went to him to congratulate him like it was his 1st ever goal.. Is there anything in that ?
    I think he has been no where near his best the last couple of weeks - even with his stats and a couple of goals. I have been quite impressed this season how much he has improved winning his own ball inside, showing a lot more composure in close and laying some strong tackles. I get the feeing that he has been tasked by the team to improve in these areas as opposed to being just the slingshot man. If he rounds out his game a bit more and adds that consistency - the sky is the limit.

Looking at the video of the Buddy bump, I think he should be okay. It seemed that the contact was made to the body and Cameron's head then landed on Buddy's shoulder from the recoil. I think it will end up as insufficient force. But you never know with these things. Buddy should give up the bump.

Look at the scoreboard. If they kicked straighter, they would have blown us out of the water.

yes, we won by heaps, but jeez it was a scrappy win. We should have won by heaps more.

Got to bring the Geelong game to Port. Percentage is very important.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I agree that Sam had a dirty day. But I was very frustrated with Shaw, a number of times his disposal was dreadful.

After last week I thought Shaw had turned the corner, but he is now back a long way from the corner. Many times he was out in the clear and with stupid kick turned the ball straight back to the suns.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Looking at the video of the Buddy bump, I think he should be okay. It seemed that the contact was made to the body and Cameron's head then landed on Buddy's shoulder from the recoil. I think it will end up as insufficient force. But you never know with these things. Buddy should give up the bump.
    I agree this should happen, but the MRP is a raffle at the moment.

Buddy should take a leaf from our hard nut leaders - Benny and Parker. Make them earn the possession, hit hard and fair. He has to give up the cheapies and lazy indiscretions.

Veterans List
    Seriously people? That was one of our best wins of the year against an excellent side playing good footy on their home turf. Great team effort that took us to 7 straight wins. Should be celebrating not taking unwarranted potshots at players.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    .... But I was very frustrated with Shaw, a number of times his disposal was dreadful.

After last week I thought Shaw had turned the corner, but he is now back a long way from the corner. Many times he was out in the clear and with stupid kick turned the ball straight back to the suns.
    He has had a few good weeks, then back to his poor disposals in patches.

It's so frustrating, as his best provides us with such a great attacking power off half back.

I think it will be his last year, so my expectations are not too high of the rest of the season.

A professional performance by the Swans. Never got into to top gear but it got the job done and that's a sign of a good football team.

Hope Tippett is okay and Franklin would be unlucky given the MRP has only suspended bumps lately when significant force has been applied.

Bring on the Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie_X View Post
    LOL yeah. But that's just it. What is his role? He's uncomfortable and looks awkward in what he has been given up field.
    Tippett injured his knee, landing awkwardly, after an attempted mark.....not rucking as you earlier ranted.

Clearly Horse ( that moron of a premiership coach) doesn't share your wisdom Re :Reid.......

"Sam's a pretty versatile player for us - he can play in a number of positions," Longmire said.

"He's held himself well in (the ruck). He took a few contested marks and dropped one, so he should have ended with four.

"He played well at the back then as we saw he can go a bit deeper. He's a disciplined player but also extremely flexible and important.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast