Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Premiership was Stolen!!

Warming the Bench

2012 Premiership was Stolen!!

I picked up a copy of the MX paper supplied on the train network and was amused to see the following advertisement

Theft of 2012 Premiership.jpg
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

Veterans List
    Yeah they have those posters up at the train stations. They have one for the Lions and there is one for Freo that says something like attempted robbery for last year.

thats a pretty badass looking swan

Looks like BBBBBH

Blog Entries
    Metro has been using the "keep the cup in Melbourne, travel by Public transport" all season.
    Seems a bit odd to me.

Who's paying for these ads? The State Govt?

starting to get scared down south , it'll get worse for them

I loved that era when the (then) 6 non-Vic teams all made the 8. No disrespect to our wonderful Vic members here, more an observation on the sense of entitlement of some of the clubs from Melbourne.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I loved that era when the (then) 6 non-Vic teams all made the 8. No disrespect to our wonderful Vic members here, more an observation on the sense of entitlement of some of the clubs from Melbourne.
    The swans are from Melbourne. No disrespect to our wonderful Sydney members here

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbloods View Post
    The swans are from Melbourne. No disrespect to our wonderful Sydney members here
    Guys, remember the 2005 GF banner. 'Two cities, One team'. Play nice

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbloods View Post
    "Were from" not "are from" sorry bloodbloods . It's been over thirty years it's time to acknowledge that probably well over 50% of supporters know of only the Sydney Swans. I mean no disrespect to our teams history and the Melbourne based supporters but they are the Sydney Swans. I don't live in either Sydney or Melbourne but love them with a passion.

C'mon guys. This isn't an us and them scenario.

My Grandfather played in the 1918 Premiership. My parents were supporters and myself and my siblings are. It was tragic at the time to see the Swans move to Sydney but I now consider it the best thing that could have happened. Had we stayed in Melbourne we wouldn't exist. At least now, my family has a team to barrack for and support (I could never have adopted another team). I'm really thankful to the Sydney fans (ie. People like Kenny) who stuck by our club for the first decade or so when we were really terrible and couldn't produce an income. By the same token the Swans also need their Melb based supporters (I think we make up somewhere around 30% of the total membership).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast