Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans Vs Gold Coast Suns

Warming the Bench
    Costly 4 points.....injuries to Tippett and McGlynn.

Bird, Smith, Hanner's plus most others will be very sore tomorrow.

Plenty for the coaches to work on and a worrying MRP for Buddy.

Good effort really and good to see us kick straight - it was probably just as well GC missed a lot early as it kept the crowd out of the game - well done to Tom D might not have a lot of class be gee he gives it all

I doubt Buddy would get anything for that. Don't think there was enough force behind the bump to be cited. The Suns player got up quickly too. But with the MRP... who bloody knows!

Well at least we won a game under Chamberlain. That umpiring was ridiculous today. Just in the last few minutes we had 3 head knocks and Goodes & Buddy being blatantly held without getting a single decision.

Anyway, enough of that, onto the game. Rampe was bloody brilliant today. Most of the defenders were very sound and Kennedy, McGlynn, Hannebery were all strong. Great goal kicking from Cunningham in particular. Lets not underrate the Suns.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    I thought we played a lot of lazy footy today. There were numerous times we were well clear running into the forward line and for whatever the reason went sideways or simply kicked woefully. That last one of Shaw's was typical. Don't get me started again on Tippett going into the ruck.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    The umps ruined that game - they just refused to protect the players..how can Benny being almost beheaded not result in a free? Looks like he's OK ..
    Because it was in a marking contest, the Suns player was legitimately going for the mark and was entitled to jump as he did. All sorts of high contact happens during games that is perfectly within the rules. There is a stronger case for Bird getting a free for the "bump" against him. The Suns player will have no issue with the tribunal this week but still I think it should have been a free to Bird.

I rate that as a decent workmanlike performance over a good team on the rise who run hard and have more than their fair share of class. We were spoilt last week with something close to perfection. If we expect every game to be like that, we're going to be disappointed more often than not - indeed, most of the time.

The most encouraging thing about how the team is setting up at the moment is that the multitude of tall options has done wonders for the players' decision making skills. They can't just bomb it long to Tippett (as they did for the second half of last year) or long to Buddy (as they did for the first month this year). Looking for the best option means they are also finding Parker, Cunningham et al, and also taking responsibility for kicking the damn goal themselves, when they get the chance.

The umpiring seems to get worse with each week. They handed Geelong the game against Carlton. Luckily they couldn't change the outcome of this one regardless of their heroic effort. Couldn't believe the 2 head high hits in one passage of play in the 4th qtr on Bird and Mal that were no calls.

The Swans seemed to coast most of the 2nd half. But a good effort from the core midfield group. I noticed that the tackle count was virtually on hold.

The GC will be a side to contend with in the coming years. Their skills are seriously good; better than ours. They are not far off the pace. Thompson and May are poised to become the best backmen combo in the league.

Cunningham is such an accurate kick. So valuable. Lloyd did well again for a 7-0 record since coming into the side.

Derickx is certainly improving, but we got smashed in at the centre bounces once again. We need Pyke back to give us a more even break in the ruck contests.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Can't believe some of the pant-wetters on here. We easily stitched up the best young team on the rise in the comp by five plus goals and some still want to impersonate pork chops.

Senior Player
    Not great,but more than adequate ,away from home,in what was a must-win game in a very tight season.Well done,lads.

Never EVER play Tippet in the ruck Horse you *expletive removed* moron! There is no *expletive removed* reason to DO IT!!!!!! Reid is a liability round the ground in a contested situation I think. If you want ruck fodder, PLAY HIM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie_X View Post
    Never EVER play Tippet in the ruck Horse you *expletive removed* moron! There is no *expletive removed* reason to DO IT!!!!!! Reid is a liability round the ground in a contested situation I think. If you want ruck fodder, PLAY HIM!!!!!
    Ridiculous call on all counts!

How can Buddy go for that bump? Absolutely no way. Umpiring was a disgrace and I haven't even watched the whole game yet. Damn kids birthday parties. Grrrr.

Honestly frustrating swans. Today they looked like the swans of the first four games but just a bit fitter and more resilient. Won't go far on that performance. Good to win like that though on that form but really not their best of efforts. A lot to do before next weeks game. And Tippet possibly out injured.... Jesus Christ what a @@@@ up of a decision that was. Coaches have a lot to answer for for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Ridiculous call on all counts!
    I'm going to attack you like you just attacked me.....

Piss off. It is not

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast