Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE TELL ME??.WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DUCKING RULE ????????????

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries

PLEASE TELL ME??.WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DUCKING RULE ????????????

Im seeing this ducking week after week and the tackler being penalised each time.
    Has it changed ?????
    Or have i missed something ????

Veterans List
    Thought the same thing today when a couple of Suns ducked heads into tackles and got the free. I think it is just too hard for the umps to judge so they always seem to go for the high tackle free.

Brandon Matera has no legs !

Thought Hanners also gave away a free for ducking in the last quarter
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

It's fair to say that the officiating of the ducking rule made no ducking sense today.
    Last edited by Doctor; 8th June 2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Agree walks on his hands, bad umpiring , some calls i was scratching my head?

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    The ducking rule was abolished when they couldn't prove they were witches
    sprite

Veterans List
    Gone the same way as "the no contact by ruckmen before the ball is thrown in". Witts held Jamar by the arm everytime today and it wasn't picked up once.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Gone the same way as "the no contact by ruckmen before the ball is thrown in". Witts held Jamar by the arm everytime today and it wasn't picked up once.
    How dreadful was that umpiring today? I thought we had it tough yesterday but compaired to what the poor old Dee's copped today, we were perfectly adjudicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    How dreadful was that umpiring today? I thought we had it tough yesterday but compaired to what the poor old Dee's copped today, we were perfectly adjudicated.
    The umpiring this season has been ordinary at the best of times. Carlton are the hard luck story this round in my opinion - were easily 3 or 4 frees that could (and probably should) have been called in that last 2 minutes of football which may have given them the chance to win the game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Pushing for Selection
    Blues have been stiff a few times this year. I won't lose sleep over it though. I think the afl have to look into player pushing as your about to kick it. It's rarely paid and now we have lost Jobe for 12 weeks. Incredibly dangerous.
    Using Tapatalk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLog View Post
    Blues have been stiff a few times this year. I won't lose sleep over it though. I think the afl have to look into player pushing as you're about to kick it. It's rarely paid and now we have lost Jobe for 12 weeks. Incredibly dangerous.
    I didn't grow up with the game so I'm genuinely curious about some of these rules. Does your comment imply that it's OK to tackle someone about to kick but not OK to push them?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast