Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 13 V PORT

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think we've all seen that one Matt. But if there was ever a question who you would pick in a rugby match, that would be the sealer.

You watch that highlight and you wonder why Pyke does not seen quicker on an AFL Field. That sprint was Jetta/Rohan stuff and the New Zealand outside backs could not gain metres on him.

Maybe it?s the lateral running and turning needed in AFL, maybe he was a younger man in 2007!

I?ve always thought with that pace that the Swans would have taught him to be a tall key defender instead of a ruckman.
    He has made an excellent ruckman and surpassed all expectations from when he started.

Tippet out for 2 weeks!

So Mike in for Tipo
    -

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Tippet out for 2 weeks!
    Tippett to miss next two matches
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Big game! But I'd prefer Membrey in for Tippo for the next two weeks. Gives him a couple to see his worth against a top team and a middle team..
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Big game! But I'd prefer Membrey in for Tippo for the next two weeks. Gives him a couple to see his worth against a top team and a middle team..
    I agree with you....

But I reckon the Swans will see this as good opportunity to ease Pyke back in, playing FF and doing some ruckwork for a couple of weeks, before resuming the No.1 ruck role on Tippetts return.

So unless there is other injuries...

OUT : Tippett

IN : Pyke
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I agree with you....

But I reckon the Swans will see this as good opportunity to ease Pyke back in, playing FF and doing some ruckwork for a couple of weeks, before resuming the No.1 ruck role on Tippetts return.

So unless there is other injuries...

OUT : Tippett

IN : Pyke
    You're probably right and it seems the most logical choice but they've taken somewhat of a youth policy and rewarded reserves form.
    One can only dream.. and then dream Membrey has a blinder!
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think we've all seen that one Matt. But if there was ever a question who you would pick in a rugby match, that would be the sealer.
    Not only have we all seen it, I struggle to think of any occasions where mike has definitively beaten his opponent in a one on one sprint in the past few years. As a former rugby forward I speak with open prejudice, but full back is about the one position which requires zero endurance in a rugby game. short sprints sure. repeat efforts almost never. just wander around getting the ball and kicking it to make it someone else's problem. lazy buggers.

mike on the other hand plays a good game of afl but i havent changed my views on the question at hand. in essence liz's question is the question. By playing derickx you can probably include an extra runner. Can you do that with pyke ?

I'd really like to see Membrey get a game as well but I think he will only come in if there is another injury this week. Lobbe is in good form and will be a tougher matchup all round this week.

Agree with Smooch to Wingard. I'm OK with Pyke in for Tippett and playing a FF when not rucking ... I don't see this as the defining factor of the game.

The battle between 2 great midfields is obviously where it will be won and lost. Port mids are maybe not the highest profile but very good in close and on the spread ... Cornes, Ebert, Wines, Gray all playing well. I've really enjoyed watching them over the last few rounds. Hopefully to our advantage is that Polec, Boak and Monfries are all carrying ankle injuries. Interestingly, neither team's mids played that well on the weekend. I thought both did what they needed to do to win without being completely ruthless. So no reason both sides won't be primed for a big one for next weekend's blockbuster. Going to be superb to watch. Its so good being a Swans fan right now!
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Goes up to 11
    A forward line boasting Buddy, Goodsey, Reid and Pyke still sounds pretty good.....

Although I'd be happy to see Membrey slot in there as well, I don't think his time has yet come.

This is going to sound crazy-sauce, but I think that in a standing-still, one-on-one marking contest Pyke is better than Tippo. Of course, I am not saying he is a better forward. Tippet is light-years ahead. But for the long bomb to the centre square....

Now I have said it, Pyke won?t mark one.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast