Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 13 V PORT

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Tippett missing 'two weeks' (likely 3 given we have GWS after Port/Richmond) could be a blessing in disguise for the Port Adelaide game.
    They are an absolute running juggernaut so hopefully we will replace him with a smaller player, most likely B.Jack or potentially even Membrey.
    Let Reid have a run at full-forward and keep Goodesy closer to home as well...leave Buddy playing his usual role. I don't think Pyke should come in unless they decide to drop Tommy D (which would be terribly unlucky), would be a mistake to play them both, particulary given Port have the extra days break, had a soft game last week and Boak/Matty White will both be back fit and rested and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    By playing derickx you can probably include an extra runner. Can you do that with pyke ?
    Good point! I think that tips the scales in Derickx' favour this week.

I'm not against playing both this week and subbing out one in the second half. It's Cunningham's turn to be the sub, but I wanted to see both he and Lloyd in the 21 this week, especially since Harry had such a good game goal kicking.

I don't think it will happen, but given that Port don't have a tall forward line, we could consider dropping Laidler based on matchups, not form, and bring Rohan in as the sub.

Please not Jack. I'm sorry but he offers nothing right now.

I hope it's either Pyke or Membrey. I wouldn't like to see it go to anyone else TBH. It depends how Pykey pulled up after his run in the ressies I guess but my money would be on him.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Have to agree to be honest. His last few efforts in the seniors have been a bit disappointing. i have no doubt, with hard work, he will make it like his big brother, but at this stage, I don't think he is top 22, even with injuries.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good point! I think that tips the scales in Derickx' favour this week.

I'm not against playing both this week and subbing out one in the second half. It's Cunningham's turn to be the sub, but I wanted to see both he and Lloyd in the 21 this week, especially since Harry had such a good game goal kicking.

I don't think it will happen, but given that Port don't have a tall forward line, we could consider dropping Laidler based on matchups, not form, and bring Rohan in as the sub.
    I would only play one of Pyke or Tom D. With Tippett out we could do with the extra runner. Brandon Jack could come in as Sub with Lloyd and Cunningham both starting.

A forward line of Buddy, Reid, Goodes, Cunningham and the midfield rotations would provide excellent pressure and not give the Port runners easy drive out of the backline.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I prefer Membrey. I'd like to see him given a chance and he offers something that Port haven't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    As a former rugby forward I speak with open prejudice, but full back is about the one position which requires zero endurance in a rugby game. short sprints sure. repeat efforts almost never. just wander around getting the ball and kicking it to make it someone else's problem. lazy buggers.
    +1. Glory boys. Everyone knows it was us pigs that did all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    this
    -

IN: Pyke,Membrey
    OUT: Tom.D (rest), Tippett (inj)

Time to let the young man show his wares.
    Swannies for life!

Tim Membrey. Must reward form. Pyke was struggling for fitness before his injury so cannot see the point of him limping bthrought the season,; let him get fit before his return

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I prefer Membrey. I'd like to see him given a chance and he offers something that Port haven't seen.
    I would go for Membey for any other opposition accept Port. Port are the hardest running team in AFL history and we need an extra small with speed to match them.

Bring Membrey in for Richmond and GWS.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast