Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction fr Port game

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Actually they are ahead of us in average attendances this year and while the redeveloped Adelaide Oval has contributed to this there can be no denying that they are playing an exciting brand of football this year.

AFL Crowds and Match Attendances

Oh and surely we should nudge 41,000 for this game would love to be able to attend it will be a cracker
    It is interesting looking at the change in crowd figures over the years.
    2010 Avg - Port 24200 - Swans 30500
    2014 YTD avg - Port 32600 - Swans 29500

and for just home games (excluding finals):

Sydney Swans 30,675
    Port Adelaide Power 23,044

2014 so far..
    Sydney Swans 31,018
    Port Adelaide Power 44,579

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    If the Power's home ground is now the Portress, what do we call the SCG? The Cygnetory?
    Or perhaps the SCareGround?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its at the SCG, so id say around 29,000
    And that will be 29,000 very happy campers, enjoying the wonderful, unsurpassed, viewing and atmosphere that only the SCG can give.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    I just pulled that out of my.....well , the same place as I pull most of my football predictions
    I pull my predictions out of my Automated Random Statistics Engine. Its telling me 34,880.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    I pull my predictions out of my Automated Random Statistics Engine. Its telling me 34,880.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    And that will be 29,000 very happy campers, enjoying the wonderful, unsurpassed, viewing and atmosphere that only the SCG can give.
    Deserves 35k

Goes up to 11
    Deserves 35k
    Deserves more than that but we'll see what the weather does. If the weather stays fine we'll nudge 40k hopefully.

Warming the Bench
    I use to work for a major sporting venue......I'm quite sure the marketing team has decided on a number already!

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Deserves more than that but we'll see what the weather does. If the weather stays fine we'll nudge 40k hopefully.
    40k is very very optomistic given the history of SCG crowds. Maybe if Collingwood were top of the ladder and no SOO taking the headlines. Not port

40k is very very optomistic given the history of SCG crowds. Maybe if Collingwood were top of the ladder and no SOO taking the headlines. Not port
    I don't care if there are 40k or 30k in attendance. As long as the red and white win the game it is just numbers.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I don't care if there are 40k or 30k in attendance. As long as the red and white win the game it is just numbers.
    Agree. I'll be there but everyone else is capable of deciding for themselves whether to attend. Just want us to win.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast