Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Crowd prediction fr Port game

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    With bonus stop at the Bourke St Bakery.
    Yes!

Stops at Royal Albert, Dove and Olive, Trinity.

Good taps
    -

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    If ever-present queue is not too long.
    Sneaky tip for CBD workers: this relatively unassuming place on Erskine street, is actually an offshoot of Bourke Street Bakery. It's not as good overall, but the pies, sausage rolls and pastries are bang on the money and there's nowhere near the queues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Stops at Royal Albert, Dove and Olive, Trinity.

Good taps
    For someone who lives at the top of the Blue Mountains, I spend way too much time drinking at the Royal Albert.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    With bonus stop at the Bourke St Bakery.
    You're making me hungry..

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Sneaky tip for CBD workers: this relatively unassuming place on Erskine street, is actually an offshoot of Bourke Street Bakery. It's not as good overall, but the pies, sausage rolls and pastries are bang on the money and there's nowhere near the queues.
    Nice tip, grabbed some paninis on the way in to make a sandwich for lunch. No queue!
    -

Goes up to 11
    I noticed on Saturday that they'd set up a quite nice looking outside bar area, on the grass over from the members entrance, sort of near Kippax Lake. Looks like it'd be alright for those wanting to wait out the crowds for a post match drink.

Kind of like the bar at Olympic Park up from the station. Except it's nicer and not at Olympic Park.

I drive. I get there at sparrows. I head to entrance A this year, and gawp at the que disappearing into the distance. I then lean against a bollard for 10 minutes and watch them file in, then join them. I cannot walk any further. Cannot.

I have found getting out of the carpark ok most of the time. I wouldn't survive the que and the bus trip, to either a non existent ferry (if I miss it, its either another hour, or none at all, and my car is at the wharf, no buses). Or to another bus ride, from the CBD at night (shudder) plus a drive home. Also I need to stop off for a bunch of hot chips. Its essential. Its actually much quicker to take the car. Not cheaper. However I know I will be able to sit the whole way and after the game, that's all the energy I have left.

I think the enormous number of cars these days is a reflection of the number of SCG members having a day out in the new stand and pretending to watch the game. NOT including the die hard SCG/Swans fans.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678