Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Sydney v Port match day

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    shaun.., do you mean the mark he would have taken if he hadn't been pulled out of the contest? It's the only time I recall when the ball came to him fairly directly. I've said elsewhere that the non-call was outrageous, and he was in a good position for the kick at goal. Would have helped significantly at that stage.
    I thought he dropped the mark and was then pulled by the shoulder, off the contest. Clear free.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Tell that to Ryan Crowley...He kicked 4 goals on him last year, in half a game. He is regarded as one of the best taggers in the business, along with Cornes.

Other than Ablett, all tagged star players get beaten now and then. Hanners was beaten yesterday.

He's beaten tags in the past. It's still early in his career, and IMO, he'll get better dealing with it with more experience.
    Hear hear! He may not have had large number's, but he was working hard and contributing with his 1%'ers. A lot of tagged players just give up.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I thought he dropped the mark and was then pulled by the shoulder, off the contest. Clear free.
    You could be right Nico; I was so annoyed at the unnoticed pull I forgot everything else!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    shaun.., do you mean the mark he would have taken if he hadn't been pulled out of the contest? It's the only time I recall when the ball came to him fairly directly.
    No, there was another exactly as shaun described; good lead, onto his chest, dropped it.

shaun.., do you mean the mark he would have taken if he hadn't been pulled out of the contest? It's the only time I recall when the ball came to him fairly directly. I've said elsewhere that the non-call was outrageous, and he was in a good position for the kick at goal. Would have helped significantly at that stage.
    Must have been that play. Didn't realise the pulling or holding going on, was in awe of the kick and then the shock of a dropped mark. I guess it makes sense that he was being held as PTA got away with a few of them.

EDIT:
    Or maybe not ^
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    No, there was another exactly as shaun described; good lead, onto his chest, dropped it.
    I missed that one and probably fixated on the other one. I admit to going on about it for some time!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213