Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coleman Watch

His tackle average must be phenomenal considering Jude played around 30 odd more games or so.

Blog Entries
    Player TM Years # GM Ave.
    Jude Bolton SY 1999-2013 1490 325 4.58
    Lenny Hayes SK 1999-2014 1483 296 5.01

AFL Tables - Career Stats - Totals and Averages

I think Lenny's got the record. Has 8 tackles already today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Lenny's got the record. Has 8 tackles already today.
    If only the Saints weren't so hopeless! Easier for Lenny to lay so many tackles when the opposition has hold of the ball so much of the game!
    Congrats Lennie ... great career.
    Bad lunch Jude, hopefully Luke Parker, Craig Bird or Tom Mitchell can take the record back one day

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    If only the Saints weren't so hopeless! Easier for Lenny to lay so many tackles when the opposition has hold of the ball so much of the game!
    Congrats Lennie ... great career.
    Bad lunch Jude, hopefully Luke Parker, Craig Bird or Tom Mitchell can take the record back one day
    If Lockett's goal kicking record appears unassailable, given how the modern game is played, the tackle record looks like one destined to be smashed. A player achieving 10 tackles in a game used to be a fairly remarkable feat. Nowadays, it is not uncommon for several players to achieve this in a game, and for many to achieve it in any given week. Clearly a player still needs to have a longish career if they are to overtake Hayes, but it is almost certain to happen, and to happen relatively soon.

Veterans List
    Has anyone seen any reference to Buddy winning the Coleman - on TV, on the AFL site or the Swans site? It seems like it's the invisible award this year - or have I missed something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Has anyone seen any reference to Buddy winning the Coleman - on TV, on the AFL site or the Swans site? It seems like it's the invisible award this year - or have I missed something?
    Zip!!

It was all over the news when the race was close.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It had a brief mention in a video package on the AFL website about the presentation of the Coleman and Norm Smith medals. Honestly, it might have got more attention if Buddy had played the Richmond game. Still, after the criticism he copped at the start of the year, the lack of humble pie on the menu is a little disappointing.

Top effort by Buddy.

It seems to me that the medal will be presented to Buddy on GF day regardless whether we make it or not.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    It seems to me that the medal will be presented to Buddy on GF day regardless whether we make it or not.
    Hopefully along with a Premiership medallion and North Smith medal.

Coleman Watch

Isn't the Coleman Medal presented on the night that they announce the All Australian team, which is Tues 16 Sept this year? I think they have a dinner. Depending on our finals status, Buddy might not even be there as it is in Melbourne.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12