Thread: Dan Hannebery's injury

Veterans List

Dan Hannebery's injury

I can't believe it's Tuesday and there's no thread on Dan's injury.

The reports seem to suggest he'll be out between 3 to 6 weeks.

What's your guess on how long it'll be before we see him on the field again?

And how much training can he do? How long will it take him to get back up to speed? We need him in full flight if we are to go far in finals.

Blog Entries
    We're all too depressed!!

Another injury possibly caused by the player continuing on with the tackle once the original tackle has achieved its objective.

Not saying that Hanners wouldn't have been injured but if the tackle had stopped the moment the ball had been knocked out in the tackle, instead of Broadbent continuing on with the tackle and dragging Hanners backwards across his own knee there possibly may have been less risk of the injury. Yes Hannebery is unlucky to get injured, but that injury may not have been as serious had Broadbent not continued on with the tackle.

I hate to see players injured and out of the side, but I also look at the positives.

From what I saw on TV, the injury had the potential of being far worse than what it is.
    Due to the amount of hard running Dan does, the enforced layoff may be of some benefit. He should be fit and firing and fresh by the time finals come around.
    It gives a chance for a young bloke (or an older one) to get a game and add to our midfield depth.

I hate seeing players tackle and wrap their legs in the player they have tackled. It happens often

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Due to the amount of hard running Dan does, the enforced layoff may be of some benefit. He should be fit and firing and fresh by the time finals come around.
    Agree, but it will also apply to Mitchell and Gibson at the Hawks. The Hawthorn injury list is nowhere near as serious as ours was last year. With McGlynn, Tippett, Mitchell, LRT out as well as Hanna there's a few in our injury room, admittedly none for a long stretch, except for poor AJ who according to the club doctor is going back to the US in six weeks for another op.

Never good to lose one of our best to injury but if he is out until the Hawthorn game I will be cocky enough to say we will hardly miss him (Richmond, GWS, WCE and Carlton).

Meanwhile, as said before, plenty of positives if he can get back by then - nice rest and mid-season freshen-up plus plenty of time to run back into fitness and form for the finals. Also great opportunity to get a few games into fringe player(s).

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    The positive is that he has only injured one ankle, so I am cautiously optimistic... it will however open up a spot for Mitchell in a couple of weeks when he is fully fit. So it could be a nice problem to have *touch wood*

Or Tim Membrey.

I think the delay in a Hanners thread is because for the first time we are somewhat comfortable with the fact that there is backup. Like PEB for instance.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The injury list updates today has Hanners ankle test??