Thread: Richmond game - members tickets

Senior Player

Richmond game - members tickets

First , many thanks to Danzar for pointing out that members can get to one of the two MCG games by scanning their membership ticket.
    I did not know that because I did not read the membership package properly.

Anyway , Sam in the membership department has told me that SYDNEY prem club members cannot use their ticket to get into the General Admission areas for the Richmond or Hawthorn matches.
    This benefit is for Victorian members only.

That left me a bit crestfallen , but only for a few seconds :
    You CAN , however , log into your Swans e-account and print off a ticket for either match , which allows you to watch the game in the AFL Members Reserve at the MCG.

For anybody who did not know this,I hope the information will be useful.

Now, can anyone answer a few questions about the AFL MR section at the MCG , please ?

1)Would you be watching the game behind glass / under cover ?
    If so,I'd still go,but I much prefer to watch footy with full exposure to the elements - good enough for the boys = good enough for me.

2)Is there a special dress code for the AFL MR ? I don't own thongs , a singlet or steelcap boots , so no danger of rocking up in any of that ...but then again , I don't want to go to a game wearing a suit and silk tie.

3)Once in the MR area , can you nonchalantly re-locate to the General Admission areas ?
    I would not object to some cultured conversation , but then again , I don't want to be sitting among the poncey chardonnay-swillers set.
    Especially if any of the poor darlings get upset by 100-decibel barracking.

Thank you !

Blog Entries
    I've never sat there but I believe these answers will satisfy you.
    I'm happy to be corrected.

1) You'll be out in the elements. It's just another section of the ground.
    http://www.mcg.org.au/~/media/Test/M...%20%202104.pdf

2) I don't believe there is any silk ties requirements. neat casual should suffice.

3) I also believe you can relocate. You just have to enter through the AFL Members gate to get in first.

I used mine for the match against Melbourne. I wanted to sit with friends in MFC members area and was able to do so. But it took a lot if sweet talking by my friends for me to get through the gate. So I advise you to enter the AFL members gate and then relocate to a GA area.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I've never sat there but I believe these answers will satisfy you.
    I'm happy to be corrected.

1) You'll be out in the elements. It's just another section of the ground.
    http://www.mcg.org.au/~/media/Test/M...%20%202104.pdf

2) I don't believe there is any silk ties requirements. neat casual should suffice.

3) I also believe you can relocate. You just have to enter through the AFL Members gate to get in first.
    They are good wing seats on three levels. If you can get onto level 2, I would argue that they are the best seats in the house (sat there for the 2005 Grand Final). In regards to dress, I don't think you even have to wear a collar (which you do inforthe MCC Members section on the opposite side of the ground). Might be better atmosphere for a Swans barracker over in M33-M36 with us Swans Melbourne members.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I used mine for the match against Melbourne. I wanted to sit with friends in MFC members area and was able to do so. But it took a lot if sweet talking by my friends for me to get through the gate. So I advise you to enter the AFL members gate and then relocate to a GA area.
    You must have had a collared shirt on.

Veterans List
    I am an AFL member with a swans club support.

As mentioned the seats are in the great southern stand on the wing and around to the pocket. You will be able to sit out in the open.

There is no dress code and as long as it isn't a big crowd you are able to cross over to the general admission area.

Long Term Injury List
    Not happy AFL..... I have been on the phone most of the afternoon trying to get accessible seating for my son, who has a companion card, and my Dad. Only one spot with three seats available. Right behind the goals at the Richmond cheer squad end. The lovely Ticketek people I have dealt with mentioned we are more restricted because we are members ??!! There were seats available at the Ponsford end however the system wouldn't release more than two together.

I wish our Premiership Club Memberships were Sydney based like yours Swansinger. The AFL Members Reserve sounds like a great place to sit. I am starting to wonder what value there is in being a member other than supporting our club. It certainly doesn't give you any advantage over the general public and it seems maybe worse options.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Not happy AFL..... I have been on the phone most of the afternoon trying to get accessible seating for my son, who has a companion card, and my Dad. Only one spot with three seats available. Right behind the goals at the Richmond cheer squad end. The lovely Ticketek people I have dealt with mentioned we are more restricted because we are members ??!! There were seats available at the Ponsford end however the system wouldn't release more than two together.

I wish our Premiership Club Memberships were Sydney based like yours Swansinger. The AFL Members Reserve sounds like a great place to sit. I am starting to wonder what value there is in being a member other than supporting our club. It certainly doesn't give you any advantage over the general public and it seems maybe worse options.
    THANK YOU to everyone who's replied - much appreciated !

Bas , that's unbelievable ! It should be a decent crowd , but it'll hardly be a sell-out !
    I'm happy to give up my MR seat for a GA spot (though not behind the Tigers cheer squad!) , so if you can get two others to do likewise , PM me and we will organise a swap.

Senior Player
    I am an AFL Member with swans support but want to sit with friends who are Swans VIctorian Premiership members, what areas can both types sit in?

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    THANK YOU to everyone who's replied - much appreciated !

Bas , that's unbelievable ! It should be a decent crowd , but it'll hardly be a sell-out !
    I'm happy to give up my MR seat for a GA spot (though not behind the Tigers cheer squad!) , so if you can get two others to do likewise , PM me and we will organise a swap.
    Thanks so much for your generous offer Swansinger, we are indeed lucky to have such wonderful fellow supporters. I didn't take the seats in the end. My Dad is going to go ahead of us and be at the ground when the gates open and try for a GA seat on ground level. We decided we would rather take our chances and be with fellow Swans.

I have already penned a letter of complaint to the AFL but I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

Thanks again, Baskin.