Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 15 - GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I agree with this completely.

On what basis are people saying Tippett needs another week? If he's fit he should play.
    I think Tippett has proven to be fragile when it comes to injuries and so unless is 100% jumping out of his skin, it is not worth the risk loosing him for another 3-4 weeks at this time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I would rest Tippett another week. We need hiim at the end of the year and it is not worth the risk in this game. Derickx needs a rest, Shaw out injured.

Out: Derickx, Shaw, Lloyd

In: McGlynn, Biggs, Rohan
    Tippett need match fitness not rest. He's barely played at all this season. Buddy looked exhausted at the final siren last night. Do we want to risk him breaking down before the finals? He looks much fresher when KT is there to carry the load in the forward half.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I think Tippett has proven to be fragile when it comes to injuries and so unless is 100% jumping out of his skin, it is not worth the risk loosing him for another 3-4 weeks at this time of the year.
    He's a footballer not a piece of delicate china you keep in the cupboard for special occassions.

If he passes the fitness test he should play, just like every one of his teammates!

Senior Player
    Derrickx out. We haven't played well with both pyke and derrickx in the team. Too slow with both.

Shaw is a definite out with injury.

I think we should play either Tippett if he's fit and of not then nankervis to play forward and backup ruck. I also agree with the calls to make Lloyd the sub this week. No disrespect to him. I really like Lloyds play and decision making. I just think he's more of a running midfielder around the edge of the square more than a clearance inside player. Gotta get mcglynn back for that then being Lloyd on as players tire.

Jones to play the whole game as replacement for shaws position off half back.

BJ gets another game. He looked more comfortable in the contest. He had 17 disposals and laid 5 tackles. Granted his disposal wasn't the best all the time but he's definitely getting better over the last few weeks. He will be important for our depth.

OUTS: derrickx shaw
    INS: Nankervis or tippet, mcglynn
    SUB: Lloyd
    Last edited by aguy; 21st June 2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Accidental posted before finished

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Biggs for Shaw would be exciting.
    Not so Shaw about that. I think McVeigh will drop back to the HBF where he won AA honours and will be replaced in the mids by McGlynn.

Also, I will be shocked if Nankervis gets a game this year.

Suspended by the MRP
    I'm not sure about this two ruckman option. I would play the one ruckman who does does all centre bounces. Tippett can to some boundary throw ins in the forward 50.

I would have Pyke as the only ruckman, but rotate him regularly. Two senior games on, one senior game off. Tom D would fill in for the Pykes senior game off. That way they are both fresh to ruck solo for their games.

Ins - McGlynn and Membrey

Out - Tom D and Shaw

Lloyd the sub. Goodes and Cunningham to do some more work in the midfield.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I'm not sure about this two ruckman option. I would play the one ruckman who does does all centre bounces. Tippett can to some boundary throw ins in the forward 50.

I would have Pyke as the only ruckman, but rotate him regularly. Two senior games on, one senior game off. Tom D would fill in for the Pykes senior game off. That way they are both fresh to ruck solo for their games.

Ins - McGlynn and Membrey

Out - Tom D and Shaw

Lloyd the sub. Goodes and Cunningham to do some more work in the midfield.
    That doesn't make sense. You say solo ruck with tippet to backup but you don't have tippet in your side and membrey is no backup ruck option. I like membrey but he is not tall enough to ruck like tippet. That's why I'd go for nanko instead

It makes no sense to me to bring in nankervis for derickx. We either go with one ruck and a spare bits or the existing two rucks.

Contrary to most here I actually thought dericx did all right. When rucking against Hampson he beat him. When against maric around the grounds it was mostly neutral. In the centre square pyke did most of it and then they would swap to play pyke forward and derickx behind the ball.

Pyke is getting overrated here on the basis of his good gf in 2012 and his marking pre Tippett. He is as limited as big tom in his own way. And if the two play as they did last night pykes endurance won't massively improve because he was mostly a long way from it

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    It makes no sense to me to bring in nankervis for derickx. We either go with one ruck and a spare bits or the existing two rucks.

Contrary to most here I actually thought dericx did all right. When rucking against Hampson he beat him. When against maric around the grounds it was mostly neutral. In the centre square pyke did most of it and then they would swap to play pyke forward and derickx behind the ball.

Pyke is getting overrated here on the basis of his good gf in 2012 and his marking pre Tippett. He is as limited as big tom in his own way. And if the two play as they did last night pykes endurance won't massively improve because he was mostly a long way from it
    I understand your points.
    I don't think we can play both Derickx and pyke. For me I think pyke
    Has a little more upside. My reason for suggesting nankervis come in is that he has demonstrated in reserves he can play as a key forward and that is my suggested role for him in the seniors while he is able to provide backup ruck as well

Suspended by the MRP
    I was talking about the time when Tippett resumes playing.

This week the back up is Reid and we back the extra run. Membrey will provide more agility, more chasing and crisp finishing than one of the main ruckman.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I was talking about the time when Tippett resumes playing.

This week the back up is Reid and we back the extra run. Membrey will provide more agility, more chasing and crisp finishing than one of the main ruckman.
    Ah no problem. I assumed you meant this week as the thread is changes for gws so was confused. I too like membrey and would love to see him get a go too. I've gotta stick by my choices though and go with nanko for this week.

In reality is likely that Rohan will get a recall as the selection committee tend to stick with the same players. He could actually play shaws role down back as that is what he has been doing in ressies. I suspect this is what they will do but I'd still prefer to see nanko or membrey come in

I agree with Aguy. I think if we give Tippett another week on the sidelines we can bring Nankervis in to play his role. In the ressies he has been playing the forward/backup ruck role and kicking lots of goals. Given our situation where our ruck position looks like our weak point, we should take this opportunity to get a senior game into Nanko and see if he's a viable option if Pyke and Tippett are out, as they have been for a good part of the season.

The way Derickx has been playing, it's hard to imagine Nanko would be worse. He must be close. I think he's been listed as an emergency at least twice this year, including this week.

I would hate to drop Lloyd after one poor game, especially since we've won every game when he's played. But the sub may be best for him next week.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast