Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 15 - GWS

Senior Player
    There were 38 before jake Lloyds elevation. That was done because AJ is on the long term injured list. And I believe the senior list is limited to 38 not 40.

I still know that you could elevate a rookie after round 11 in the past but haven't heard anything about it this year. It's hard to find the rules on list management.

It's a shame if Biggs can't come in as he is the logical replacement for Shaw. Alternatively, Macca will go back to halfback and we'll run another player through the mids, most obviously McGlynn if fit. I thought the extra tall took a bit of run away against Richmond but that may be less of a problem at the SCG. I don't see any other changes likely.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    If we win this game for 10 straight wins... isn't that some kind of record for the swans? I recall from the game tonight Bruce said we hadn't won 10 games in a row since the 1930s?
    Pretty sure the last time for 10 or more wins in a row was 1935, when it was 12 in a row (rounds 2 through 13). Of course, we've lost 10 or more in a row lots of times

Before that we won the last 11 games of 1933. Last occurrence of the current run of 9 was in 2012.
    Last edited by neilfws; 21st June 2014 at 11:57 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It's a shame if Biggs can't come in as he is the logical replacement for Shaw. Alternatively, Macca will go back to halfback and we'll run another player through the mids, most obviously McGlynn if fit. I thought the extra tall took a bit of run away against Richmond but that may be less of a problem at the SCG. I don't see any other changes likely.
    You think they will play derrickx and pyke again together ?

Jones has a major opportunity now Shaw is out...........my guess though is Macca to HBF and McGlynn to the midfield

Main reason is that I thought BJ deserved to keep his spot..........one of Brandons better Bloods style of game.......his tackle pressure, second efforts and forward pressure was very good i thought......his decision making will only get better

Richmond v Sydney Swans
    Saturday June 28, 2014
    7.40pm AEST
    SCG

B N.Smith, T.Richards, D.Rampe
    HB J.Laidler, H.Grundy, MACCA
    C N.Malceski, J.Kennedy, L.Jetta
    HF A.Goodes, S.Reid, BJ
    F L.Parker, L.Franklin, H.Cunningham
    Foll M.Pyke, K.Jack, C.Bird
    I/C T.Derickx, Jones, McGlynn, J.Lloyd
    Emg T.Membrey, T.Nankervis, G.Rohan

In: McGlynn
    Out: Shaw
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 22nd June 2014 at 08:54 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

That's the way I'd expect them to go too Auntie...Nothing to earth shattering.

But isn't Tippett expected back this week?

If so:

IN : McGlynn, Tippett

OUT : Shaw, Derickx

SUB : Lloyd, he had a really poor game, maybe he's starting to feel it a bit.

If he's really struggling, then it would be just rewards to give Membrey a go.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

This has to be a crunch moment for Gary Rohan.

He has spent most of the year in the reserves working on running out of the backs. Our key running back is injured. This is his moment.

I watched the recent game against NT at Drummoyne and his effort was awesome, breaking tackles and running hard.

I think it's time to back him or say goodbye.

Happy and I know it
    We need to bring our best game next week. GWS are running rings around Carlton at the moment.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Doc Larkins on 3AW said Shaw is likely to miss 2 weeks. Probably a pretty good result if that turns out to be right considering how concerned Rhyce looked after the game

A GC v. GWS grand final can't be far off.

Yes, we will have to bring our A game, but I think we will want revenge for the round 1 loss. We should be mentally switched on for this one.

Discussion on list management issues anytime of year is timely, because all clubs will have their work cut out for them to keep up with the expansions clubs. The ones that don't get it right won't have a chance against the kind of talent these clubs have.

Out Shaw, Lloyd (rest), Brandon Jack, Derickx
    In Membery, Nankervis, mclygnn, Tippett,

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Doc Larkins on 3AW said Shaw is likely to miss 2 weeks. Probably a pretty good result if that turns out to be right considering how concerned Rhyce looked after the game
    That's good news. Did he say what the injury was?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MomentByMoment View Post
    This has to be a crunch moment for Gary Rohan.

He has spent most of the year in the reserves working on running out of the backs. Our key running back is injured. This is his moment.

I watched the recent game against NT at Drummoyne and his effort was awesome, breaking tackles and running hard.

I think it's time to back him or say goodbye.
    I think Rohan will need another year under his belt. An injury like his is extremely painful and he's down on confidence.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast