Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 15 - GWS

Changes for Round 15 - GWS

Might as well get in early.

So what do we know?

Shaw is a potential out with his ankle. Kizza seemed to recover ok from having his hand stomped on. I don't think anyone had a TERRIBLE game against Richmond.

Potential ins if we believe what the injury reports would have us believe:

- Ben McGlynn
    - Kurt Tippett
    - Tom Mitchell

Let's say only the former two are a realistic chance of coming straight into the lineup. McGlynn for Shaw seems a fair swap (Jones to start and cover Shaw, and McGlynn to swap back into midfield). But if Tippopotamous comes back in, who comes out? Can we carry Pyke AND Derickx AND Tippett in the same lineup?

For mine, it would be Tippett and McGlynn IN, Derickx and Shaw OUT, Lloyd the sub. My thinking behind this would be that Pyke would be our preferred ruck if fully fit and firing, and we need to give him game time well before finals if he is to come good.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Tippett might be another week yet.

Give Kurt one more week. We will beat GWS without him.

McGlynn in for Jack
    Mitchell in for Derickx if fit.

Can't play both rucks.

Forgot about the Shaw injury. Biggs seems like the logical replacement.

[QUOTE=DeadlyAkkuret;644667]Give Kurt one more week. We will beat GWS without him.

Sounds like our attitude in round one

Senior Player
    Biggs for Shaw would be exciting.

If we win this game for 10 straight wins... isn't that some kind of record for the swans? I recall from the game tonight Bruce said we hadn't won 10 games in a row since the 1930s?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Biggs for Shaw would be exciting.
    When Shaw went down this was also my first reaction.

Out Shaw, Derickx
    In nankervis or Membrey and mcglynn

Hard to finally give in on derickx as he has been a surprise but we can't play pyke and derickx again. Pyke needs to find form and we need someone to add some value around the ground that doesn't exist at the moment.

Not sure on Mitchell's injury and his fitness? I hope kj is OK. Don't think Biggs will get elevated yet.. Lloyd had his first ordinary game, he looked like he could be tired?

[QUOTE=bodgie;644671]
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Give Kurt one more week. We will beat GWS without him.

Sounds like our attitude in round one
    Knew someone would go for the obvious reply. Fact remains we should win without Kurt.

We have an 8 day rest to 6 for GWS and this week they are playing Mummy as the only ruckman, so both should help our sorry ruck situation. Although Pyke was poor, he did improve as the game went on and at least he has a history of good form in the past, so I suppose he should retain his spot and we should drop Tom D.

Obviously if Tippett is fit he will come in. Otherwise, we might try Nankervis as a forward ruck option. Membrey is another possibility which would allow Reid to play back. Richmond didn't have a good tall matchup for Reid, but GWS has plenty and we may have to make that move anyway.

It was Lloyd's first bad game; I don't know what to make of it. Was he tired? Was it just a one off poor game? We had so many players sub par. The sub's vest may be the answer.

It's a bit early to make many calls because of injury uncertainties.

I would rest Tippett another week. We need hiim at the end of the year and it is not worth the risk in this game. Derickx needs a rest, Shaw out injured.

Out: Derickx, Shaw, Lloyd

In: McGlynn, Biggs, Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    For mine, it would be Tippett and McGlynn IN, Derickx and Shaw OUT, Lloyd the sub.
    I agree with this completely.

On what basis are people saying Tippett needs another week? If he's fit he should play.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast