Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Page suggesting possible Membrey trade!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Dunno why Eddie's so upset, we virtually gave him Armstrong and White.........

Seriously raped us at the trade table

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Dunno why Eddie's so upset, we virtually gave him Armstrong and White.........
    Well yes, but what have we done for him recently?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I just think that most defenders are not to scared of defending against a slow (yet strong) 188cm forward. Now a 189cm fast forward like Rohan (when in good form) is a difficult matchup because Rohan is super quick and plays very tall and equally has a great kick at goal.

If for example Laidler is our third tall i think Jeremy would find it fairly easy to spoil Tim all day long..........and there are a lot better 3rd tall defenders in the comp then Laidler.
    We cant be leaving a Tim Membrey in the goal square often because that means our other two TALL forwards are having to do all the work outside the 50m arc. Works well enough for Buddy but not Tippett.

I think the logical swap is for a dominant emerging defender.

I think that if we had to pick between Rohan and Membrey I would keep Rohan.............difficult if both want to return to Vic for opportunities though as Sam Reid is in front of them when Goodes retires also
    I really like Rohan, and we've seen glimpses of what he could be. But he really has struggled to come back from a terrible injury, which now was >2 years ago. I'm as hopeful as everyone else that it's going to click for him, but you can't wait forever either. I'd like to see Membrey be given a chance in the seniors to impress.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Keep in mind there are five Melboune Clubs (Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond and St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs) who are still in contention for the Wooden Spoon.

The Wooden Spoon winner gets the first pick in the Pre-Season Draft. All those clubs would highly value an extra forward of Membrey's potential. He could fall through the Preseason Draft for no compensation (Jed Lamb). If the Wooden Spoon fell to Brisbane or the Giants, I don?t think Membrey would be as motivated to move to those clubs as he would be to a Melbourne Club.

He needs a couple of senior games this year to feel that he has a big role to play in the Swans future. If you can train him properly I see him with his big body becoming a Josh Kennedy type on midfield rotation.
    Writing him off and we are yet to see him play a game in the first's. Yet Rohan has had several chances since his injury and hasn't taken them. Question needs to be asked if he ever will get back to where he was. And really was it ever that great. Was he overrated? There said it. Now bring it on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12