Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd predictions - GWS v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Both teams in best form of the last few years, so no reason why every AFL supporter in Sydney won't be at this game.

...but it is at the SCG which is hard to get to.

Another goading jab.......... But I'm ducking and weaving (remember the 'thriller in Manila') and won't be returning fire.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

So the maths are -

18K turn up whenever
    + 2K Buddy factor
    + 6K band-wagoners
    + 9K Giants from Carlton last game
    - 1K Carlton fans
    - 5K GWS fans as SCG is sooooo hard to get to
    - 3K wierdos who go to GWS games despite being other clubs members/fans, have nothing else to do with their lives, like watching terrible football, love the Homebush area

=27K
    -

Why? have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    So the maths are -

18K turn up whenever
    + 2K Buddy factor
    + 6K band-wagoners
    - 1K Carlton fans
    - 3K wierdos who go to GWS games despite being other clubs members/fans, have nothing else to do with their lives, like watching terrible football, love the Homebush area

=27K
    Extra marks for showing your workings.

(+ 5 Swansongsterians coming up from Melbourne)

This is actually a showdown of Stadium and code at the same time

In one corner we have the rah, rah's playing a derby out at ANZ, versus the AFL playing a derby at the SCG.
    If you think some swans fans are pro-eastern suburb anti-NIMBY's, the rugby folk must hate the travel to ANZ.

( A NIMBY is "Not in my backyard", an anti-NIMBY is "only in my backyard")

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    This is actually a showdown of Stadium and code at the same time

In one corner we have the rah, rah's playing a derby out at ANZ, versus the AFL playing a derby at the SCG.
    If you think some swans fans are pro-eastern suburb anti-NIMBY's, the rugby folk must hate the travel to ANZ.

( A NIMBY is "Not in my backyard", an anti-NIMBY is "only in my backyard")
    Bummer. Didn't realise the rugger was on too. Sorry to wander off-topic, but, from past experiences does this affect access to Moore Park parking? And traffic to the precinct from the north shore? Should I allow extra time to get there? And expect to be stuck for ages getting away after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Bummer. Didn't realise the rugger was on too. Sorry to wander off-topic, but, from past experiences does this affect access to Moore Park parking? And traffic to the precinct from the north shore? Should I allow extra time to get there? And expect to be stuck for ages getting away after the game?

ANZ is in Homebush, it's a fair way aways from Moore Park, your transport from the north shore shouldn't be affected but
    I would allow extra time though, Sydney weekend traffic is unpredictable, if you get there early you can have a coffee or beer at the Entertainment Quarter and watch the Red Kite Celebrity match
    Traffic on the way in will give you an idea of getting out (I learnt that the hard way) but if it is busy head to the Ent Quarter for a while after the game, it's better than hanging out in the car park
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    ANZ is in Homebush, it's a fair way aways from Moore Park, your transport from the north shore shouldn't be affected but
    I would allow extra time though, Sydney weekend traffic is unpredictable, if you get there early you can have a coffee or beer at the Entertainment Quarter and watch the Red Kite Celebrity match
    Traffic on the way in will give you an idea of getting out (I learnt that the hard way) but if it is busy head to the Ent Quarter for a while after the game, it's better than hanging out in the car park
    Thanks Snark. I misread the post and thought the Waratahs were playing at the Footy Stadium next door. Feeling better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    If only there was a railway line or buses that ran from the North Shore, then you wouldn't need to drive.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    So the maths are -

18K turn up whenever
    + 2K Buddy factor
    + 6K band-wagoners
    - 1K Carlton fans

=27K
    Love your breakdown CJK. Especially the 3K.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast