Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crowd predictions - GWS v Swans

I'd be very disappointed if we don't get 35,000 tomorrow night.

500 numpties wearing grey and orange.......

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If only there was a railway line or buses that ran from the North Shore, then you wouldn't need to drive.
    Sort of a fair serve of sarcasm Doc, but let me put it this way. Out of my home town, three kids (aged 9, 11 and 16) and the missus in tow. They're all gunna be tired circa 11:00 pm when we get out of the stadium. I'm not looking forward to driving to the game but somehow sitting in a jam waiting to get out of the car park with the radio and heater keeping the troops comfortable (probably sleeping) seems like a much better option than braving the pathetic excuse for public transport that would otherwise get me back to Chatswood.

I'm used to Melbourne's pretty good tram/train network that connects the footy stadiums.

I usually do take PT to the footy when visiting Sydney but as much as I love the SCG, post-game Saturday night after a 7:50 start time is not a good option to be queueing for a bus and waiting for a train for a bloke and his family visiting from Melbourne.

That said. Fair call. Forgive me just this once.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Sort of a fair serve of sarcasm Doc, but let me put it this way. Out of my home town, three kids (aged 9, 11 and 16) and the missus in tow. They're all gunna be tired circa 11:00 pm when we get out of the stadium. I'm not looking forward to driving to the game but somehow sitting in a jam waiting to get out of the car park with the radio and heater keeping the troops comfortable (probably sleeping) seems like a much better option than braving the pathetic excuse for public transport that would otherwise get me back to Chatswood.

I'm used to Melbourne's pretty good tram/train network that connects the footy stadiums.

I usually do take PT to the footy when visiting Sydney but as much as I love the SCG, post-game Saturday night after a 7:50 start time is not a good option to be queueing for a bus and waiting for a train for a bloke and his family visiting from Melbourne.

That said. Fair call. Forgive me just this once.
    I know mate. The smiley was meant to temper the sarcasm somewhat. Certainly attending a night game with kids makes driving far more attractive.

Not aimed at you, but I do wonder why more people don't just drive to a station fairly close in and take a train from there though. It'd be quicker and easier but wouldn't involve the hassle of getting out of the precinct by car.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

All very understandable.
    The Swans are not advising PT so you should be safe. As I said before give yourselves extra time getting in but usually after game rush has cleared by the time kick to kick is over.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheer & persistent laziness Doc. Sheer & persistent laziness.
    At least on my part

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I'd be very disappointed if we don't get 35,000 tomorrow night.

500 numpties wearing grey and orange.......
    For those lucky enough to attend tomorrow night, please report back on this thread how many GWS fans you think were at the SCG.

Relying on opposition supporters to inflate your crowd is very "north melbourne".

We have 40,000 members. Anything less than 40,000 at a derby is a disgrace.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Relying on opposition supporters to inflate your crowd is very "north melbourne".

We have 40,000 members. Anything less than 40,000 at a derby is a disgrace.
    We don't have 40,000 members who live in Sydney. You can't expect our members who live in other cities (there are at least 10,000 inMelbourne) to travel here for our home games. You conveniently ignore this everytime you try to bait this forum about SCG crowds.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

This is not yet a derby of any great consequence, unlike the other two derbies this weeekend that:

A/ Have a lot riding on the result
    B/ The teams actual are rivals

Therefore I think a crowd of 30,000 at best and I don't think the venue would make any difference.
    If its particularly cold or it rains, wipe 5,000 off that!

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    All very understandable.
    The Swans are not advising PT so you should be safe. As I said before give yourselves extra time getting in but usually after game rush has cleared by the time kick to kick is over.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheer & persistent laziness Doc. Sheer & persistent laziness.
    At least on my part
    We're having beers tonight aren't we? Hope you're not driving to this one anyway!

- - - Updated - - -

One thing we can say is that the loss to GWS in Round 1 has turned the derby into a meaningful game now. There's a lot more interest in it than there would have been otherwise.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    27k crowd - pretty poor but it was a bit chilly.

But there couldn't have been more than about 300 Giants fans there. Pathetic. No one can call these matches derbies when there are that few fans of one of the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    27k crowd - pretty poor but it was a bit chilly.

But there couldn't have been more than about 300 Giants fans there. Pathetic. No one can call these matches derbies when there are that few fans of one of the teams.
    301. 300 in the GWS bay and one very bad-tempered, one-eyed GWS supporter in front of me. According to him GWS would have won but for the umpires.

Izzy folau showed exactly why he made a good choice to move to rubgy. ( dropped two easy marks, one of which led to a try) in front of 29,000 at ANZ

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast