Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crowd predictions - GWS v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    For those lucky enough to attend tomorrow night, please report back on this thread how many GWS fans you think were at the SCG.
    About a quarter of the opposition bay, and the odd orange cap elsewhere.....Perhaps 200.

They have along way to go, and a big hill to climb.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    About a quarter of the opposition bay, and the odd orange cap elsewhere.....Perhaps 200.

Thanks Ernie. Geez there really isn't many of them is there. The local footy team down the road gets more supporters.. Didn't seem much orange on the TV

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

Utterly and completely pathetic was the number of numpties there in orange tonight...

I'd say a "hard core" of 100 in the away bay (are they paid supporters? I suspect highly subsidised).

If a team on a mini-roll in their one game in the sun all year can only attract 300-400 supporters (and I use that term very loosely) then the AFL have under-estimated the challenge of building a second team on an unimaginable scale.

They have ZERO community engagement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    This is not yet a derby of any great consequence, unlike the other two derbies this weeekend that:

A/ Have a lot riding on the result
    B/ The teams actual are rivals

Therefore I think a crowd of 30,000 at best and I don't think the venue would make any difference.
    If its particularly cold or it rains, wipe 5,000 off that!
    I think that the weather probably shaved 5,000 Swans fans and perhaps 100 numpties wearing orange

I agree with MP. Would not have been more than 100 midget supporters at the ground. Very little noise when they kicked goals and I suspect quite a few Swan supports politely clapped when they did.

It was a very very cold night with a icy wind blowing straight into our faces. One of the coldest nights I have experienced at the SGC.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I was only 1K off the result last time. *brag*

Going for 26K this time.
    1K off again....
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I agree with MP. Would not have been more than 100 midget supporters at the ground. Very little noise when they kicked goals and I suspect quite a few Swan supports politely clapped when they did.

It was a very very cold night with a icy wind blowing straight into our faces. One of the coldest nights I have experienced at the SGC.
    Being a new club you would imagine their supporters to be fickle. The cold weather must've kept them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Being a new club you would imagine their supporters to be fickle. The cold weather must've kept them away.
    No I think they were all there....

How on earth can they have any foundations for being a genuine club, I can really see this mob attracting some heat in future years as they become an embarrassment for the local comp.

Do they have any Canberra matches left this year? The crowds there are trending downwards towards the 5,000 mark, now that would embarrassing.....

The don't like travelling, 'Over the Bridge'
    Swannies for life!

By any stretch of the imagination it was a pitiful turnout...

geese there are a few boots being kicked into the Giants and their supporters........

I reckon its great for footy and great for sydney to have two sydney clubs, two academies.....and I love beating them

AFL is just the most wonderful sport for young boys and girls to play and it is bit by bit creeping up in numbers through out Sydney...........albeit slowly..........but the Sydney comps are improving significantly from 20yrs ago with their skill and fitness
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I suspect that many giants supporters are swans and giants supporters and backed the swans last night...very poor turnout if this is not the case...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast