Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: score update for swans v kangas

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Have you been watching a lot of Dad's Army?!?!
    Can honestly say I've never seen it in my life.

Those html buttons are fun. I'll work out what goes wrong when I try to post an image one of these days...
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Senior Player
    Originally posted by chammond
    I've got a vague recollection that he did almost the same thing near the start of last season - i.e. over-extended and tweaked his dodgy hamstring. I'm almost sure I remember him sitting despondently on the sidelines and the TV commentator speculating that he could miss several weeks.

Maybe it's time for LRT and Meiklejohn to be introduced to the joys of defensive play? Or for Rogers to be thrown in the deep end?
    rd 5 vs melbourne - our "turn around" game - neitz kicked 3 on schauble who was then injured, kicked 2 on bolton who was then knocked out by maxfield, saddington kept him goalless for 1.5 quarters... thats also the only limited time JM, spent in the backline against white and it would be a good idea to have either LRT or JM on charman, rd 1, as its almost a guarantee he will be forward
    C'mon Chels!

Originally posted by penga
    rd 5 vs melbourne - our "turn around" game - neitz kicked 3 on schauble who was then injured, kicked 2 on bolton who was then knocked out by maxfield, saddington kept him goalless for 1.5 quarters... thats also the only limited time JM, spent in the backline against white and it would be a good idea to have either LRT or JM on charman, rd 1, as its almost a guarantee he will be forward
    White easily outpointed MJ so I can't imagine he will be ready to play a key defensive role.

I think Neitz actually kicked 4 on Schauble.

Also that Neitz didn't kick a goal on Saddington is true yet it is misleading to say "Saddington kept him goalless."
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Also that Neitz didn't kick a goal on Saddington is true yet it is misleading to say "Saddington kept him goalless."
    Thats right. In this particular round 5 game, he didnt have to do too much as the ball was camped in our forward 50, where 10 goals were kicked that last quarter. That is, if your midfield fires, then you can get away with alot more in the backline.

If Saddo plays against the bombers, who will he mark up on? Im thinking Scott Lucas? If it is, we will get a good look at his progress cos Lucas is a very handy player up forward.

Senior Player
    was the fresh air swing by schauble in the forward 50 or the defensive???
    C'mon Chels!

Originally posted by penga
    was the fresh air swing by schauble in the forward 50 or the defensive???
    Defensive.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by dendol
    If Saddo plays against the bombers, who will he mark up on? Im thinking Scott Lucas? If it is, we will get a good look at his progress cos Lucas is a very handy player up forward.
    I think Saddo against either Hird or Lucas in their forward line would be a very interesting matchup and give us a really good idea on how he is going.

I hope its not Hird. At his best, there isnt going to be any defender - let alone a tall and somewhat slowish Saddo - who can hold him down for too long.

That's your best one yet!

Not getting just the teeniest bit obsessive, are we??

Originally posted by chammond
    That's your best one yet!

Not getting just the teeniest bit obsessive, are we??
    Don't be ridiculous. I was simply pointing out an error. If someone said Saddo kicked 50 goals last year and I said he didn't, you'd still say I was Saddo bashing!!

Don't be ridiculous. I was simply pointing out an error. If someone said Saddo kicked 50 goals last year and I said he didn't, you'd still say I was Saddo bashing!!
    An error? You said before that it was true!

A true error?

Saddo bashing? Who said anything about Saddo bashing?

Why don't you just lay down on that couch and tell me all about it . . . . .

No, I didn't say it was true. It was a misleading statement, hence it was an error.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast