Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The run home

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Good result re: Hawthorn, but now we need to keep up our end of the bargain by winning. We can't rely on other results, we have to keep doing what we are doing.
    That's exactly right. The door is open for 1st or second place by the end of the round but it's up to us to take

With Rioli out, Sewell probably gone, Brian Lake suspended (what a massive brain snap!) and Hannebery back in the squad I rate our chances against the Hawks in a couple of weeks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    With Rioli out, Sewell probably gone, Brian Lake suspended (what a massive brain snap!) and Hannebery back in the squad I rate our chances against the Hawks in a couple of weeks.
    I hope Hanners is gonna be back then. There is also a chance that shaw will be back too

We can also hope that port stumble a bit because their defensive stocks have taken a bit of an Injury hit.

But at the end if the day sydney has to keep winning regardless if what other results are

- - - Updated - - -

And personally I hope lake goes for a long time because that was completely inexcusable. In no way was he playing football. You can't try an strangle a person in it off the football field. In fact off the football field he could easily have been charged by the police so I have no sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

And personally I hope lake goes for a long time because that was completely inexcusable. In no way was he playing football. You can't try an strangle a person in it off the football field. In fact off the football field he could easily have been charged by the police so I have no sympathy.
    I agree with you. I also hope (at least on the TV footage I saw) that Petrie doesn't get penalised as well. At one point Petrie appeared to be scraping at Lake's eyes in what seemed to me a justifiable attempt to make Lake let go of his throat.

Veterans List
    It will be interesting to see if Mitchell goes for the attempt to corkie one of the Roos. When the going gets tough the Hawks get thuggish.

Brian Lake is my current most hated footballer, seems like a douche on field and off. Hope he gets a month but I'm betting he won't, a week at best I think. Anyone know his record?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Mitchell goes for the attempt to corkie one of the Roos. When the going gets tough the Hawks get thuggish.
    Don't think he'll get time for that though it was completely unnecessary. Totally agree with the thuggish comment, North really had them rattled for a while there and they had no answers but to strike out at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    True, that is better for our chances of beating them, but it would also be beneficial for our game plan against them in the finals to play them when they are stronger so that we can analyse their strengths and weaknesses somewhat. Don't forget Hannas will be pretty rusty as that will probably be his first week back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Don't think he'll get time for that though it was completely unnecessary. Totally agree with the thuggish comment, North really had them rattled for a while there and they had no answers but to strike out at them.
    I'm surprised no-one is talking about Hodge head high tackle against Swallow shortly after the Lake incident. That was a really hard hit, well after he disposed of the ball. Swallow was clearly hurt.

Veterans List
    Not sure if anyone saw when Mitchell clapped the umpire after he gave away a free. I remember when Goodes shook his finger at the umpire he got 50 metres for dissent. What Mitchell did was the same yet he wasn't penalised.

The hawks showed a lack of discipline especially in the third quarter. It looks like their injuries might be catching up to them like it did for us last year.

The season is in our own hands now. We just have to keep winning and we will finish top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    I'm surprised no-one is talking about Hodge head high tackle against Swallow shortly after the Lake incident. That was a really hard hit, well after he disposed of the ball. Swallow was clearly hurt.
    Yer that was bad and should certainly be looked at, Swallow didn't look well at all for a while there.
    At least that was part of the play though and not a straight out snipe like the other incidents were.

Hawks season is sort of mirroring ours last year. Even if they get players back just before the finals it will take them a few weeks to get back match fitness and coordination. Their ladder position belies their recent form. They were very lucky not to drop a few more games over the past couple of months.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree with you. I also hope (at least on the TV footage I saw) that Petrie doesn't get penalised as well. At one point Petrie appeared to be scraping at Lake's eyes in what seemed to me a justifiable attempt to make Lake let go of his throat.
    If Lake and Gibson are both out of the Swans game their key defence will be under siege.

With Cyril out it means that Nick Smith can negate Luke Bruest. As long as we have no significant injuries we should beat the Hawks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast