Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The run home

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    With Rioli out, Sewell probably gone, Brian Lake suspended (what a massive brain snap!) and Hannebery back in the squad I rate our chances against the Hawks in a couple of weeks.
    There's no reason we shouldn't start as favorites and fully expect to win. If we can't beat the Hawks at the 'G with those players out then how can we expect to beat them in Melbourne in September?

No doubt we haven't been playing our top-shelf, best footy but I think it's fair to say that we've been keeping a bit in the tank which is completely acceptable. We were absolutely cooked at the back end of last season but injuries aside we should be fresh, fit and firing for the finals series this year...regardless of whether we are 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th on the table

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw when Mitchell clapped the umpire after he gave away a free. I remember when Goodes shook his finger at the umpire he got 50 metres for dissent. What Mitchell did was the same yet he wasn't penalised.

The hawks showed a lack of discipline especially in the third quarter. It looks like their injuries might be catching up to them like it did for us last year.

The season is in our own hands now. We just have to keep winning and we will finish top 2.
    I don't know why but for some reason the umpires love Hawthorn. You only need to look at the raw deal we got in the 12 GF and most other games we have played against them. The Hawks players were running head long with their head down into our guys and they'd come away with a free kick. The introduction of the ruling about this act before this year has reduced this occurring but they were still incorrect free kicks at the time. I know that umpires don't consciously favour teams but there must be something in their sub-conscious about Hawthorn.

Senior Player
    And port loose. The window is open

Wow. Port lost as well. The ball is in our court now. We can take the position of overall ladder leader if we want it desperately enough! If we can win and add some % this weekend it would be great.

Win: We're in 1st with a game break.

Lose: We drop to 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Win: We're in 1st with a game break.

Lose: We drop to 4th.
    These are the games we've lose in past history (when we've let our guard down). Hopefully this year is different.

Ugly game in Adelaide, but that suited Essendon. Port are going to have to expect that from opponents now. A win in Perth and we're top. Let
    s hope we can get the job done tomorrow.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Only fitting that a win in Perth against West Coast should put us top.

Let's do this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Ugly game in Adelaide, but that suited Essendon. Port are going to have to expect that from opponents now. A win in Perth and we're top. Let
    s hope we can get the job done tomorrow.
    I didnt see it. Did the Bombers shut it down? It makes sense do that against a team with their fitness.

I'm hoping for a repeat of 2012 where Jetta owned the Eagles, kicked four and led us to a 50 point win.

But also incredibly nervous! I bet most Hawks and Port supporters had already banked the 4 points...

Soo nervous now.

Pushing for Selection
    Does this change our chances?
    Perth for Sunday Cloudy. Destructive winds possible. Rain developing in the morning, easing to isolated showers in the late afternoon, clearing during the evening. Isolated thunderstorms this morning. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h turning W 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening. Around Perth Perth Coastal Plain: Low-Moderate Perth Hills: Low

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast