Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 13: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The nicest thing I can say about that is that he probably should stick to the forward line.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg, Liz and others.
    Sounds as if we can (and no doubt will) do better.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Some random points re the twos today. Result not that important but very disappointed after my enjoyable foray to Drummoyne a few weeks ago

* Anyone saying Membrey is due a call-up to the seniors is seriously delusionsal, he provided very little target and was lazy. He strikes me as a biily big bollocks of the highest level
    * Patrick Mitchell is not SFL standard let alone NEAFL, happy to place him the experiment gone wrong category
    * Alliir Alliir had some moments of optimism and is certainly quite an athlete. Good to see him manning up better. Not going to press for selection this season but could come good
    * Rohan yet again got caught with the ball too often but gutted about his injury which looked serious
    * Naismith started well and has a great hoof, looks like a good prospect
    * Nankervis did some good things but faded but who didn't, definitely not worth a call up yet
    * Mitchell looked well off the pace today
    * Hewett seems to coming along well
    * Did Towers play?
    * LRT and ROK are legends of the club but looked old and slow
    * There was a young kid who I did not pick up that has one of the most prodigious boots I have seen for a long time and hit some targets from the half back line well into the forward line, would love to know who he was as he always kicked it from the far side of the ground

A bad day at the office which we are all allowed but no-one I saw out their hand up for a senior callup

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Some random points re the twos today. Result not that important but very disappointed after my enjoyable foray to Drummoyne a few weeks ago

* Anyone saying Membrey is due a call-up to the seniors is seriously delusionsal, he provided very little target and was lazy. He strikes me as a biily big bollocks of the highest level
    * Patrick Mitchell is not SFL standard let alone NEAFL, happy to place him the experiment gone wrong category
    * Alliir Alliir had some moments of optimism and is certainly quite an athlete. Good to see him manning up better. Not going to press for selection this season but could come good
    * Rohan yet again got caught with the ball too often but gutted about his injury which looked serious
    * Naismith started well and has a great hoof, looks like a good prospect
    * Nankervis did some good things but faded but who didn't, definitely not worth a call up yet
    * Mitchell looked well off the pace today
    * Hewett seems to coming along well
    * Did Towers play?
    * LRT and ROK are legends of the club but looked old and slow
    * There was a young kid who I did not pick up that has one of the most prodigious boots I have seen for a long time and hit some targets from the half back line well into the forward line, would love to know who he was as he always kicked it from the far side of the ground

A bad day at the office which we are all allowed but no-one I saw out their hand up for a senior callup
    Harsh on Membrey...the kid only played a half and from all reports it was horrible conditions for a forward. If he was 'lazy' then he definitely wouldn't have been named as senior emergency. I'd imagine it would be a hard position to be in...knowing you're only playing a half and wanting to remain as fresh as possible just in case one of the senior players twangs a hammy in the warm-up and you get to debut.

MP i was trying to remember what Pykey looked like in his first season of ressies to make a comparison to Mitchell.......remembering that Pykey was a soccer and rugby player previously which is a distinct advantage i think to basketball only

From memory Pykey played 2009 in the ressies after signing at the end of 2008 ???

It wasnt pretty and he didnt start playing Snrs till 2010 as back up to Jolly ?

Despite what I though were ok performances in his debut Snr season (after two preseasons), Pyke's conversion was criticised by AFL commentators, most notably Brian Taylor, who described the experiment as a "joke" and described him as the worst player in the AFL.

I think it is way to early to tell re Mitchell and we need to see another preseason and maybe season. Also we were desperate with Mike and he got thrown into the deep end and he swam and now he does laps
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    MP i was trying to remember what Pykey looked like in his first season of ressies to make a comparison to Mitchell.......remembering that Pykey was a soccer and rugby player previously which is a distinct advantage i think to basketball only

From memory Pykey played 2009 in the ressies after signing at the end of 2008 ???

It wasnt pretty and he didnt start playing Snrs till 2010 as back up to Jolly ?

Despite what I though were ok performances in his debut Snr season (after two preseasons), Pyke's conversion was criticised by AFL commentators, most notably Brian Taylor, who described the experiment as a "joke" and described him as the worst player in the AFL.

I think it is way to early to tell re Mitchell and we need to see another preseason and maybe season. Also we were desperate with Mike and he got thrown into the deep end and he swam and now he does laps
    Pyke played in 2009. If you are comparing Pyke to Mitchell you would expect Mitchell to be in contention this week.

Brian Taylor would love it
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Pykey actually played seniors in his first year, about 6 rounds in IIRC. Problem for Mitchell is that he has had 2 ruckmen ahead of him the whole season in Nankervis and Naismith and now that Derickx has been dropped he'll have to wait even longer. He actually got some time in the ruck against UWS

Gee that's a bit rough MP. You might recall what everyone was saying about Pyke in first few seasons with us? This is Mitchells first year learning a game he's never played before. It's going to take time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12