Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: SWANS v giants

Just found out that Port lost to the Crows. That means we're equal top but third on percentage. This helps our chances of a top two spot.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I'm not always going to give the Swans players the benefit of the doubt. I was sitting in the Churchill Stand on the other side of the ground and you knew that Buddy was toying with GWS and rubbing it in.

It was sheer arrogance for five minutes as Buddy verbally, physically and skilfully started toying with the young GWS kids.

Patten caught Buddy in a holding the ball decision and let him feel it. Patten looked a man who was prepared to fight for his young team mates and protect them. Good on him.

After that altercation Buddy stopped clowning around. It's exactly what Barry Hall did to protect young Swans players.
    The young Giant players are renowned for dishing out plenty of lip themselves, like the game in 2013 when one of them was giving it to McGlynn for missing out on the 2012 grand final through injury. At least the Swans and Buddy have something to get cocky about.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The young Giant players are renowned for dishing out plenty of lip themselves, like the
    game in 2013 when one of them was giving it to McGlynn for missing out on the 2012 grand final through injury. At least the Swans and Buddy have something to get cocky about.
    I totally agree. Do we know who the GWS player was who said that to Myglyn?

I could sense that Buddy was toying and clowning with GWS at that point of the game and Patten took a stand.

The recent great history of the Hawks began in 2004 when the bottom of the table team ran out in the second half against Essendon and took a stand.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know anything about this incident?

SCG violence: Claims Swans fans caused concussion

I still can't fathom that something like this could have happened in the MA Noble of all places which is part of the SCG members section, as I sat there myself, and I've never seen anything remotely like this at a Swans game.

It was Bugg who sledged McGlynn and funnily enough Bugg who whacked Keiren Jack off the ball last night.

Swans confident Kieren Jack not injured

The fuse was lit deep in the third quarter after Jack overran a ground ball and turned around to re-follow play only to be felled from behind by Bugg.

Footage then showed Jack and Bugg squaring off with each other as the ball was kicked away from their vicinity. Seconds later Bugg was given a free kick after himself being knocked over.
    It is not the first time Bugg has irritated the Swans. He enraged Ben McGlynn in the first round of 2013 when he asked the midfielder where was his premiership medallion. McGlynn missed the 2012 grand final through injury after playing in all but three games.

separate but similar, was at the Round 1 clash and there were a bunch of obnoxious GWS supporters behind the Swans stand who were just vile, so his statement that things are getting worse may be true but it's not restricted to the SCG or Swans supporters. Not saying it's ok at all, but definitely not a "Swans games-only" thing as he suggests. Well in my opinion

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this incident?

SCG violence: Claims Swans fans caused concussion

I still can't fathom that something like this could have happened in the MA Noble of all places which is part of the SCG members section, as I sat there myself, and I've never seen anything remotely like this at a Swans game.
    I wasn't there this weekend. Sad to hear. Also sadly I saw a fight in the MA Noble stand during the port Adelaide game. Looked like two port supporters going for each other and as far as I can tell the swans supporters forced them out of the stand. First time I've seen a fight at swans game ever since I've been a regular attendee (about 7 years)

The kick-in issue and number 9. The errors partly came because GWS were playing tight one-on-ones and our boys were struggling to create much movement into space, and the wind was swirling in all kinds of ways, making precision kicking a nightmare. It's not all on Mal. I'd love to see a smoke machine out there in those conditions, just to see what is going on.
    Indeed, the disposal ineffectiveness all night was down to the wind rather than to lack of commitment or skills deficits. It was just awful out there. I know that it's not the RedandWhiteOnLine way, but I'm a bit glass half full on the whole thing. I think that our boys were terrific on Saturday night against motivated opposition (thanks 3/4 time ground announcer), in terrible conditions, with a couple of key men out, a handful of effectively first season players, and another two returning from injury. Kept them to one goal in the first half, remember. The back six are playing great footy, and the team has won 10 games in a row, none of them 'easy'. As front runners we can expect oppositions to come hard every week, and they will. Go Bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    It was Bugg who sledged McGlynn and funnily enough Bugg who whacked Keiren Jack off the ball last night.

Swans confident Kieren Jack not injured

The fuse was lit deep in the third quarter after Jack overran a ground ball and turned around to re-follow play only to be felled from behind by Bugg.

Footage then showed Jack and Bugg squaring off with each other as the ball was kicked away from their vicinity. Seconds later Bugg was given a free kick after himself being knocked over.
    It is not the first time Bugg has irritated the Swans. He enraged Ben McGlynn in the first round of 2013 when he asked the midfielder where was his premiership medallion. McGlynn missed the 2012 grand final through injury after playing in all but three games.

He is a flog Bugg, can't stand him. That call against Mcglynn was a 'low of the low' sledge - if I had of been Mcglynn, I would of decked him as soon as the opportunity arose.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He is a flog Bugg, can't stand him. That call against Mcglynn was a 'low of the low' sledge - if I had of been Mcglynn, I would of decked him as soon as the opportunity arose.
    Agree. The Giants players have egos greater than their ability and they think they can get away with all the sniping and sledging. Hopefully we will continue to smash them along with most of the other AFL teams.

Any follow up on the SMH report about someone being bashed behind the MA Noble after the game on Saturday night? Haven't seen anything anywhere else. I reckon the club would be red hot on finding out which Swans supporters did it so that they could be banned.
    Leo Barry, You Star!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post

[/I]
    The obvious answer is "much closer than yours"

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast