Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: SWANS v giants

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Changes for this week...

OUT the negativity from RWO-ers after a 7 goal + victory against a team that won its' last two games and recently nearly beaten the Hawks at the MCG

IN some positivity about the fact that we've just won 10 straight in a season in which we started 1 and 3 or in regards to the good kids playing good footy
    Last edited by Conor_Dillon; 30th June 2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THERBS View Post
    Any follow up on the SMH report about someone being bashed behind the MA Noble after the game on Saturday night? Haven't seen anything anywhere else. I reckon the club would be red hot on finding out which Swans supporters did it so that they could be banned.
    It came from a Giants supporter on one of their forums. I saw the original post on Twitter and thought it seemed very unlikely to have happened as described. If I'm wrong about that I'd be very disappointed as the alleged incident as described was fairly appalling.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

If that was, as reported, at the MA Noble Stand, I can guarantee it was not a genuine Swans supporter, but an SCG Member Swans supporter, who had been swilling on the Beer Deck. They are revolting. The SCG bags large swathes of seats for their members these days, their other stands not being good enough any more. And the Red Zone members are being pushed out. The empty seats up high are fair indication of what we think of them. So we are huddled with the swillers.

The Red Zone members are usually families or the older generation who find it financially necessary to be there. Its an awful stand for genuine Swans supporters. Any attack would not have been them. We were fending for ourselves as it was.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    If that was, as reported, at the MA Noble Stand, I can guarantee it was not a genuine Swans supporter, but an SCG Member Swans supporter, who had been swilling on the Beer Deck. They are revolting. The SCG bags large swathes of seats for their members these days, their other stands not being good enough any more. And the Red Zone members are being pushed out. The empty seats up high are fair indication of what we think of them. So we are huddled with the swillers.

The Red Zone members are usually families or the older generation who find it financially necessary to be there. Its an awful stand for genuine Swans supporters. Any attack would not have been them. We were fending for ourselves as it was.
    I laughed

(Unless you were being serious??)
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I laughed

(Unless you were being serious??)
    Please explain? Primmy's post made sense to me. The bar facilities in the new stands are an enticement to overindulge. Which is a common cause of bad social behaviour, including violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Changes for this week...

OUT the negativity from RWO-ers after a 7 goal + victory against a team that won its' last two games and recently nearly beaten the Hawks at the MCG

IN some positivity about the fact that we've just won 10 straight in a season in which we started 1 and 3 or in regards to the good kids playing good footy

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Here, here! Our players are human and have good games and poorer games. Unless they are thrashing the opposition each week, some 'supporters' are highly critical. Pretty bloody good to have this winning streak!

No mention of any incidents from Saturday night's match in the MRP statement, though there were quite a few kerfuffles.

Quote Originally Posted by swannymum View Post
    Here, here! Our players are human and have good games and poorer games. Unless they are thrashing the opposition each week, some 'supporters' are highly critical. Pretty bloody good to have this winning streak!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post

So I'm not a real swans supporter because I want to be able to attend the cricket as well as the footy? Been going to swans at SCG since late 80's but because I choose to use my SCG Membership instead of paying twice for the same tickets I don't qualify as a true supporter? OK, good to know and if so I truly wouldn't want to be a Genuine swans supporter if it means I have to look down on all those who choose a different way to support the team I love.

Veteran Site Admin
    Looks like Longmire and Cameron thought Mal went OK on Saturday evening. The AFLCA votes are in:

Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney
    10 Lance Franklin (Syd)
    8 Kieren Jack (Syd)
    6 Josh Kennedy (Syd)
    3 Nick Malceski (Syd)
    3 Luke Parker (Syd)

Lance is making his way up the leaderboard, now sitting in 6th place. JPK just clinging onto second but not making any ground up at any rate on GABjnr.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Please explain? Primmy's post made sense to me. The bar facilities in the new stands are an enticement to overindulge. Which is a common cause of bad social behaviour, including violence.
    Any posts claiming to define what a real fan is and is not deserves mocking.

The phrase NARF is in the RWO lexicon as a joke for a reason.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast