Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 144

Thread: SWANS v giants

  1. #37
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    JONES!!!
    Awesome Love to see a player get their first goal

  2. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Question: If the ball is kicked in, and no player touches it, it's a free to the opposition. Given that there is an advantage to no player touching the ball, is it OK to shepherd the ball over the line?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Seems holding the ball isn't on the umpires' radar tonight...
    I think that's okay as long as you shepherd within 5m of the ball.

  3. #39
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Its not his confidence. It's his knee. If you have a look at most his goals this year, they've been roving off the ruck and kicking on his left.
    Ah I realise that it's his knee. What I was meaning was he has no confidence in his knee to be able to kick through the ball

  4. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Ah I realise that it's his knee. What I was meaning was he has no confidence in his knee to be able to kick through the ball
    Sorry, got what you meant. I don't know how they are going to handle him for the rest of the year. We need him for the finals because he is such a great presence but we need him to make it that far. Maybe he should be rested for half the games.

  5. #41
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Sorry, got what you meant. I don't know how they are going to handle him for the rest of the year. We need him for the finals because he is such a great presence but we need him to make it that far. Maybe he should be rested for half the games.
    That's why I made the call earlier in the thread that we may get to see Membrey in at last next week for Goodes

  6. #42
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,447
    What did they do to Kieran that caused us to retaliate and give away the free? He was holding his ribs.

    There has been a bit of niggle. Jetta & McVeigh were fired up early.

  7. #43
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    I think that's okay as long as you shepherd within 5m of the ball.
    It doesn't matter if you shepherd the ball or not. If ball goes without being touched it is a free. Has been the same forever.

    Our field kicking has been nothing short of woeful. It is just that GWS haven't taken advantage of it. But GWS is beating us at the centre clearances. No surprise there. Why we go wide into the forward line when we have Tippett and Franklin puzzles me.

  8. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, USA.
    Posts
    808
    Eagles will upset us next week if this nonsense continues...slack as...

  9. #45
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,447
    Our disposal has been terrible this quarter. We are making them look good.
    Last edited by Mel_C; 28th June 2014 at 11:17 PM.

  10. #46
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,447
    These umpires need a measuring tape. Three times this quarter in the GWS 50 they said not 15 when it looked much further!

  11. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    What did they do to Kieran that caused us to retaliate and give away the free? He was holding his ribs.

    There has been a bit of niggle. Jetta & McVeigh were fired up early.
    Looks like Bugg gave him a elbow to the ribs. Not surprising. Bugg is a sniper and almost worse than Ballantyne for cheap shots. Tried to break Grundy's ribs a little earlier.

  12. #48
    scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    peaches eaten, trousers rolled
    Posts
    9,326
    Blog Entries
    2
    Has there been any word on whether Shaw is okay?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO