Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SWANS v giants

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Has there been any word on whether Shaw is okay?
    Commentators mentioned they had heard from his father and he had gone I hospital but seemed okay

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Sorry, got what you meant. I don't know how they are going to handle him for the rest of the year. We need him for the finals because he is such a great presence but we need him to make it that far. Maybe he should be rested for half the games.
    No point resting Goodes. He always takes a number of games to get his touch back. It is not as if he is roaming far and wide.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    Eagles will upset us next week if this nonsense continues...slack as...
    Yep, lazy rubbish tonight. Horrible disposal. So many kicks fell metres short and for whatever reason we wanted to chip it around. We certainly miss Shaw off half back. We need Hanners back and Mitchell will stroll back into the side when fit.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No point resting Goodes. He always takes a number of games to get his touch back. It is not as if he is roaming far and wide.
    I have a feeling it's different this time. I don't think it's about him not having touch. It's that his knee is so shot that he simply doesn't have the ability to kick more than 30 metres. It looks like if he kicks with his right foot then his knee is jarred in agony with each kick.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Looks like Bugg gave him a elbow to the ribs. Not surprising. Bugg is a sniper and almost worse than Ballantyne for cheap shots. Tried to break Grundy's ribs a little earlier.
    So he is a Dirty Bugg!

I hope his ribs are ok but it didn't look good. He was struggling to lift his arm up. So we might be missing another midfielder.

Suspended by the MRP
    That game reminded me of the sorts of nights you used to have staying in with your girlfriend.

You order soggy crappy pizza, you watch a crappy Freddy Prince Junior Movie and drink average wine. Your effort, imagination and intensity are below your best, but you know the four points are never in doubt.

On the positive side my little boy will enjoy the Franklin highlights when I show him the replay.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

angry horse

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yep, lazy rubbish tonight. Horrible disposal. So many kicks fell metres short and for whatever reason we wanted to chip it around. We certainly miss Shaw off half back. We need Hanners back and Mitchell will stroll back into the side when fit.
    Yes that second half was woeful. We are ripe for a hiding next week against WC. It was probably the most angry I have seen Longmire during the game. Maybe a couple of changes would be good. i HOPE they Bring mitchell in at least and maybe Biggs.

Hopefully we are on a heavy training load or something 'cos that was absolutely appalling. On the plus side we are a 120 point better side than GWS if we play competently. 4th Quarter was a great number of players disgracing the jumper. Truly, truly dreadful. Ah well....was (technically) a percentage booster! :-)

Had visions of Horse going down to the sideline and ripping off Davo's pink gear so that he could go out there himself and give the players a really serious spray.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Malceski didn't do his AA chances any harm tonight. It was such a polished defensive performance from a true pro

Grundy gave a few heart in mouth moments with his disposal though

I have to say this...and I may be naive, but I feel that Franklin has gathered the ladder points for us for the last three games....certainly has earned some of that cash...

Just back from freezing at the game...GWS seem to be very clumsy or careless with tackling and the umps just let it go- they didn't protect our players at all...Jetta had a good game, he's doing all the hard stuff, tackling and getting the ball in close- far more than just a fast running player nowadays, he's really developing...

Buddy is just amazing !

GWS- Patton is a lazy sod who has no defensive game- Cameron the same..
    L

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Malceski didn't do his AA chances any harm tonight. It was such a polished defensive performance from a true pro

Grundy gave a few heart in mouth moments with his disposal though
    I'm sorry Ugg but some of Mal's disposal was absolutely disgraceful. He has trwo kick outs that came back immediately because he stuffed up. He also short kicked far too much tonight. I don't see his performance as an A grade one at all. He got lots but baked a lot of it. Reg should hang his head in shame because of some of his disposal. Our back half was pretty ordinary in disposal tonight. If it weren't for the mids I think they might have conceded much more.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast