Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: SWANS v giants

I have never been so cold at a game of footy in my life. I ended up using beer to keep warm so I don't remember too much about the game, although I recall it wasn't too memorable. The wind was biting and it can't have helped disposal efficiency. I'd already been to Henson Park to watch the Jets so it was a long, cold afternoon and evening.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I've been watching the Adelaide showdown, and when I see the kind of damage Matty White can do with his long runs on the outside I wonder why we don't see more of that from Jetts. On many occasions you see Jetta with 20 or 30 metres of space in front of him and he takes a few steps and kicks long. I like Jetta's game this year, but think he could become elite if would go back to taking the game on more. I remember a few years ago when Horse said that was what he wanted him to do. I don't see why that should stop now.

I look forward to the day seeing Jetta, Benny, Cunningham, Rohan, BJ and Buddy running teams ragged.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I have never been so cold at a game of footy in my life. I ended up using beer to keep warm so I don't remember too much about the game, although I recall it wasn't too memorable. The wind was biting and it can't have helped disposal efficiency. I'd already been to Henson Park to watch the Jets so it was a long, cold afternoon and evening.
    I feel quite guilty now for being so critical (in my head, not here) of the disposal last night. I didn't realise it was so windy out on the field until reading the various comments about this on RWO. I was sitting in the Brewongle and I now realise we were protected from the wind. It was cold but not bitterly so. Clearly the right stand on the night for a spectator!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I thought it was just a shove, not a punch? I'm pretty sure that Buddy had caught Patton and had a word not long before that.

I think I'm with Matt on this, I liked it from Patton.
    The fleeting image I caught looked much worse. If it was just a shove, that's OK and I'll be happy again; just the big boys niggling.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I did think our disposal was sloppy but don't recall Malceski being a culprit apart from some careless kickouts. But he had 27 disposals (22 kicks) at 81% - nothing wrong with that. Goodes and Parker went 50% and 53% respectively. We shouldn't be playing Goodes if he can't kick.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    We shouldn't be playing Goodes if he can't kick.
    People need to revisit Goodes game yesterday. He really did some fantastic stuff and is still way ahead of any rookie that would replace him. He was our second best forward by far, much better than Tippett.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I know what you mean Doc: I was at the Freo/WC game yesterday and although it was bright sunshine it was absolutely freezing. Watching the Adelaide crowd all rugged up today and the Pies/Blues match at the moment with the crowd looking like Eskimos, Australia at the moment is sub-zero..............
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The fleeting image I caught looked much worse. If it was just a shove, that's OK and I'll be happy again; just the big boys niggling.
    I thought he just picked him up by the shorts and shoved him into the ground.
    Nothing more than Patton showing him he is not invincible.

At the risk of being attacked reg and rampe have both been mentioned as not great nights. Reg 2nd only behind Brandon Jack the sub. Rampe 3rd efficiency. Not bad work. Defenders mistakes always stand out more.

Any mentions of MRP concerns coming out of the game? I noticed a few melees around the ground.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jenky28 View Post
    At the risk of being attacked reg and rampe have both been mentioned as not great nights. Reg 2nd only behind Brandon Jack the sub. Rampe 3rd efficiency. Not bad work. Defenders mistakes always stand out more.
    Really interesting stats: Malceski 19 uncontested possessions, Grundy 16 UP's, Rampe 16UP's. Smith 17 UP's. Some of these are back kicks but gee these 4 pick up a lot of loose ball. Very good at reading the ball coming in and understanding where their fellow backmen are.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Well Matt, when I land in legal trouble I'll give you a call; you'd argue the devil out of hell. When an opponent is "arrogant" a good response is to punch him? When he's lying on the ground?
    Patton's was a very low act and deserves a visit from the MRP.
    I'm not always going to give the Swans players the benefit of the doubt. I was sitting in the Churchill Stand on the other side of the ground and you knew that Buddy was toying with GWS and rubbing it in.

It was sheer arrogance for five minutes as Buddy verbally, physically and skilfully started toying with the young GWS kids.

Patten caught Buddy in a holding the ball decision and let him feel it. Patten looked a man who was prepared to fight for his young team mates and protect them. Good on him.

After that altercation Buddy stopped clowning around. It's exactly what Barry Hall did to protect young Swans players.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast