Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ground Announcer at SCG is a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic.
    I sadly think no. Levels of sound in the new stand are deafening. Telling me I am allowed on the ground for kick to kick WHILE THE PLAY IS IN MOTION is just disrespectful of the players and a massive bugbear for me. That is a 3/4 time announcement, not while the game is in the balance. And the tweedle with the waxed moustache.......oh lord, give us a bit of dignity please.

As for the new stand. the only thing I like about it is the toilets. Plenty of them.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I miss Byron Cooke, he was the best ground announcer I have ever heard at any ground I've been to. He actually sounded like he knew a thing or two about the game and the team.
    I don't live in the Sydney region anymore so I don't listen to Sydney radio, does anyone know what happened to him?
    Yeh he was really good and a proper Swans supporter, he goes insane after the siren at the 2012 Grand Final win. Apparently he's LA-based these days so a bit of a stretch for him to get back for games ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Are ground announcers allowed to talk during the play?

What about Rodney O who used to do the Sydney Kings games. When we are defending in our half he could lead the crowd in the "Defence, Defence" chant.

Just an idea.
    No, no, no!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I think Battle of the Bridge is the most ridiculous title for a local Derby. Just call it Derby xx.

Most of the GWS players and the team management have deserted the Greater Western Sydney area to live on other parts of Sydney. Blacktown Council must be really pissed after spending all those millions to build the oval and facilities only to be pushed aside for a move into other parts of Sydney (which is not western Sydney).
    I recall reading some time ago that, yes, the Council is indeed very pissed off with the GWS move.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I sadly think no. Levels of sound in the new stand are deafening. Telling me I am allowed on the ground for kick to kick WHILE THE PLAY IS IN MOTION is just disrespectful of the players and a massive bugbear for me. That is a 3/4 time announcement, not while the game is in the balance. And the tweedle with the waxed moustache.......oh lord, give us a bit of dignity please.

As for the new stand. the only thing I like about it is the toilets. Plenty of them.
    I was being sarcastic Primmy. Rodney O can stay at the Kingdome.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    What is going on with that moustache that the on-field interviewer has got?
    He is a grade A knob.

I'm used to the incompetence and arrogance of the SCG Trust, they are diabolical. It's the ultimate little boys club with knobs like Stuart MacGill appointed by the government after members comprehensively killed off him nomination.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123